Home U.S. Coin Forum

Watch out Braddick - paying $1000 reward for moderns!

Braddick has offered $250 for a PCGS GD04 memorial cent. Here's how to make $1000 (or more)! Here's the deal:

1959-1964 Memorial cent in PCGS PO01 - I will pay $1000
1946-1964 Silver Roosevelt Dime in PCGS PO01 - I will pay $1000
1965-1999 Clad Roosevelt Dime in PCGS PO01 - I will pay $1000
1965-1999 Clad Washington Quarter in PCGS PO01 - I will pay $1000

First one submitted between now and March 1, 2005 gets the bounty! Any if you have these coins in PCGS FR02, AG03 or even GD04, I will pay a lessor sum for those!

So, crack the kids piggy banks, dig out the change in your dresser drawers and make some money........and remember to find that PO01 Ike for Braddick cause he's offering $1500 for that one!
Craig
If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!

Comments

• Dam,One of my co-workers has a bicentennial Ike that he has carried in his pocket since it was new.
    That's when his granddaughter was born.
    The back of it is completely smooth with no identifying marks left on it.(he told me it was a 76)The front of it is totally smooth except for about 3/8s of the very top of Ikes head is visible.I bet it would'nt even get a poor1.
    I'll take my camera to work and get smoe pics of it and post them when I do.
  • dthigpendthigpen Posts: 3,932 ✭✭

<< <i>Dam,One of my co-workers has a bicentennial Ike that he has carried in his pocket since it was new.
    That's when his granddaughter was born.
    The back of it is completely smooth with no identifying marks left on it.(he told me it was a 76)The front of it is totally smooth except for about 3/8s of the very top of Ikes head is visible.I bet it would'nt even get a poor1.
    I'll take my camera to work and get smoe pics of it and post them when I do. >>

That actually sounds like a perfect PO1 candidate.
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Can't get slabbed if the date can't be determined. They slab chain cents which have unreadable dates because it's a one year type and the chain is the last design feature to wear off. But an Ike with only the very top of Ike's head visible, and a featureless reverse, won't make it into a slab since the year can't be established with certainty.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• I was wondering about the date thing.

I'll still get a pic sometime next week and post it for the collectors of slick coins.
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a whole collection of Washington clads pulled from circulation in low grade. The
    worst are AG but there might be an early one that will go Fair.

Tempus fugit.
  • Can you link us to your Low-Grade PCGS Registry Type Set?
    -George
    42/92
  • ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    Low Grade TYpe Set LINK
    Craig
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Low Grade TYpe Set LINK >>

Some of the PO-1 coins in here are undergraded! That's cheating!
  • That's quite a collection. I'll keep my eyes open.image
    Scott Hopkins
    -YN Currently Collecting & Researching Colonial World Coins, Especially Spanish Coins, With a Great Interest in WWII Militaria.

My Ebay!

• << <i>First one submitted between now and March 1, 2005 gets the bounty! Any if you have these coins in PCGS FR02, AG03 or even GD04, I will pay a lessor sum for those! >>

How much is the "lesser sum" for the FR-G coins

imageimage
  • ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    How much is the "lesser sum" for the FR-G coins?

Honestly, it depends and it will probably change over time (between now and March 1 2005). There's no doubt a PO01 is harder to make than a FR02 or AG03 and the price should decrease correspondingly. Lets say a AG03 might be a $100 coin and a FR02 a couple of hundred dollar coin, plus or minus......still worthwhile enough to justify a $16 submission. But I think a FR02 1959 memorial cent is probably worth more than a FR02 Clad quarter....so in the end, it really does depend upon the coin itself.
    Craig

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file