Home Sports Talk
Options

Vlad = 2004 AL MVP

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris

Comments

• Options
    Congrats Vlad. A great player.

An MVP should be a clutch performer though IMO.
    I don't think Vlad was an MVP in the clutch in the regular season.
  • Options
    Without Vladdy the Angels weren't in the playoffs, period! The Sox had both Manny and Ortiz to carry them, so they ate up each other's votes. The thing about Vlad was he was that good in Montreal, he's not even close to 30, and you'll see this guy do things no one has done in 60+ years--I wouldn't be surprised if he starts putting up Ted Williams (except for walks), or Dimaggio like stats (and no, I'm not talking Dom). He IS the real deal, and if Bonds wasn't just a juiced up roid freak, we'd all agree that Vladdy is the best in the game today!
    Jay
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Guerrerro is up there with Pujols.

Look out for Miguel Cabrera!
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    Watching this guy in person is a real treat. No surprize on the award and I'll bet this won't be his only one.

Hey 1420.......we agree on something!!!! image

BOTR
  • Options
    Vlad is great to watch. I heard an announcer say of Vlad, "You are a star when every foul ball you hit, the crowd responds with Ohhhhhh!!!"
    Looking for Los Angeles/California/Anaheim Angels in PSA 8 or better
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    BOTR - we agree on a few other things too ....
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    This should be at the top, where Vladdy belongs!
    Here, here, for Vladimir!
    Jay