kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    77-0 cowboys
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Vinny will throw for 400 yards!

JS
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian - If possible, can you please have that little yellow creature p**s out DALLAS SUCKS. Thanks!
  • Options
    Stevek, I don't think I could find that LOL.

I'm not into conspiracy theories, but I do follow trends. From the numbers I've seen, over 90% of the world is on Philadelphia. That's very lopsided; however, the last game nearly this lopsided was Denver at Cincy where 85% of the world was on Denver. Denver was favored the same as Philly and they got beat to a bloody pulp. Bad stuff seems to happen when everyone stands on one side. I still like Philly, but that's why I predicted the margin of victory under the spread.

Brian
  • Options

<< <i>Vinny will throw for 400 yards!

JS >>

260 of which will be caught by the Eagles image
  • Options
    Brian - I completely understand your points and they are valid. The only thing that really matters though is the players perception of things. It doesn't matter at all if the public is overconfident about the outcome of a game, only if the players are overconfident. Often these two things do coincide which each other as I think you implied, and you are correct. This game though, I don't think the two things do coincide. The public may be overconfident, but I don't think the Eagles will be. The Eagles players were saying and doing all the right things this week.

Looking back to last week, and I'll admit I didn't think it would happen, but in Monday morning quarterbacking retrospect the Eagles may have been looking ahead to the Dallas game, which could've been a reason for their poor performance against Pittsburgh. I realize there certainly were other reasons as well. I only bring this up to say that I think the Eagles will definitely be well focused on this game tonight. Barring any crazy unforseen occurances, all things being equal, the Eagles should easily beat the Cowboys by at least two touchdowns. The game could even get ugly although Andy Reid isn't going to run up the score on Bill Parcells. The Eagles at almost every position simply are superior to the Cowboys. The Eagles losing the game is close to an impossibility.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Umm roy williams is better! larry allen flozel adams dat ngyun jason witten. there is 5 posistions a lot better just to name a few.

Cowboys have a shot at this game parcells will have them well prepared.

I have been searching everywhere cant find if woodson is playing or not?
  • Options
    vinnie will throw for 427 yards, 3 TDs 4 INTs and lose by 16 points. image
  • Options
    Good call Steve - my skeptism was unjust but I was right on a Eagles win. A huge win for the Eagles - I think my Falcons will be seeing your men in January, but then we'll go our separate ways.

BTW, how does under 9.5 wins for the Cowgirls sound at 2/3 odds? It sounds like a lock to me made on day one of the NFL image

Brian
  • Options
    Brian - I think your Falcons are the only team that can possibly keep the Eagles out of the Super Bowl. Hiring Mora was a good long term move, but it is very difficult for a rookie head coach to get into the Super Bowl. Your Falcons have a very bright future, especially with Vick improving all the time, but I strongly believe that this is the season for the Eagles winning the Super Bowl, barring any serious injuries. There's a long way yet to go, but right now it sure does look like it will be an Eagles - Falcons NFC championship game.
  • Options
    I agree that the Eagles will most likely be the #1 seed, but the way the Falcons play on the road should make any home team uneasy - they either play poorly (@KC) or awesome (@Den) just like in '02 when they did the unthinkable - thrashing GB at home, but the Eagles were too much for the Falcons to handle. I think the Falcons could clinch home-field but I'd gladly settle for an NFC champ game at Philly despite the Falcons being dogs. Nevertheless, whoever wins will have their hands full as Pitt and NE will be very tough (they seem like the two AFC forerunners to me)

Brian