Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What's the feeling on PF SAEs

Is anyone expecting a decline in the price of Proof SAEs anytime soon - I need a 1994 NGC PF69UCAM to finish out my NGC set and was stunned to see these on ebay at around $200. I'm kicking myself now that I was too cheap to pay $100 a year ago for one (however I take solace in the fact that I paid $50 for my 1993 three years ago and $80 for my 1995 a year ago...)
"If we are facing in the right direction, all we need to do is keep on walking." - David Brent

Comments

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why should they decline? If others are kicking themselves for not buying at $100, then it stands to reason that someone will NOT want to kick themself again.

???????????
  • Options

You can look for a raw one and slab it yourself
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭
    SAE = bullion.
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Proof SAE has a little bit more than bullion value.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    If a proof SAE has little more than bullion value - then why are most not priced at bullion value? Same could be said for every other coin. It only has the value that the market places on it (lets face it nickel is completely worthless, yet someone will pay top money for a damaged (i.e.toned) example of a common date)
    "If we are facing in the right direction, all we need to do is keep on walking." - David Brent
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    OK pbyco, let me put it another way because my reply may be confusing but I was replying to coppercoins. Proof has a lot more than bullion value. After all they were made specially for collectors, not hoarders & speculators and I'm not expecting a decline in value anytime soon.
    These modern sure nuff silver dollars are very popular.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I realized today we're at the point where a complete set of spot free Proof SAEs would be a worthy challenge for about anyone, especially if you include the 1995 W. You'd end up with a 21 coin collection worth about $7,000.00 by my guestimates. Not a bad collection at all.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    I greade them FG70.

(Fugly 70) image
  • Options
    tizofthetizofthe Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    Keep your eyes peeled in the BUY IT NOW section on ebay. In the last month a 1994 proof went for 30.00 and 1996 BU eagle went for 15.00. A lot of people dont know what they have untl it is to late. You must check all the time because they are gone almost as fast as they are listed for obvious reasons. Sorry if I gave away the secrets of ebay. Just trying to help out.
    Transactions..
    wondercoin, duffman,PiecesOfMe, Smittys, LogPotato, Bumanchu, Tydye, segoja, Harry779, FullCameo, Twosidestoeverycoin, jmdm1194, rkfish, drewsef, Chrischampeo, Kaelasdad, Ahrensdad, Dabigkahuna, Barbwire, sebrown, mkman123, Gerard
  • Options

Or you can buy both the PR & MS 70 setQuickimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file