Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Zulan Hoard of Toned Roosies. Large Pictures of Beautiful Coins. Beware.

Zulan asked me to image his toned roosie collection. His wife fed me supper and I shot some of his coins. An overall pleasing visit. image

Note that these are Brian's (Zulan's) coins. Not mine, not Pinnacle's. Please direct any questions about these coins to Zulan. -Thank you, enjoy. image
Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com

Comments

• Options
    Also, if anybody cares to throw some grades out there, feel welcome. image
    Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com
  • Options
    Some also GEM Roosies he's got there!!!! imageimage I especially like the '53 and '56 coins image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    Nice set, looks like some are album toned while others are mint set toned. Was the set bought like this or did you put it together? mike image
  • Options
    I think this was the grandfathers hoard that Zulan in-herited a while back.

About the time a couple other's showed up and a bunch of people here stepped on their units !

Mogadeets hooking up with jade rare coins comes to mind !

Paging Mogadeets and Jade,we need a report here !
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    I like the 47S bestimage
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    This is a set collected by my wife's grandfather (he was a real coin nut). These were bought from the bank (in rolls) and put in the album every year. The ones in the album were the best ones he could find at the time. It is really fun to look at. If you like toning this set is outragous.

I consider myself lucky to have the foresight to marry a wife who brought so many coins to the table. How is THAT for planning ahead! image

We were making up names for the toning patterns - the 47-s is the "clarified butter in the frying pan" toning. As opposed to the "burnt eggs" or "seasoned cast iron frying pan" toning.
  • Options
    ttt - for umm, the first page crowd? image
  • Options
    CaseyCasey Posts: 1,502 ✭✭
    That is a nice collection!
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    Nice pictures, well done.
    Mike Bottos
    coinpage.com
  • Options
    Very niceset!! image
  • Options
    Wow - extremely nice set! The colors are very vibrant - I like that about Roosevelts, they can have some amazing natural colors! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file