Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A28 Duke Heroes of the Civil War album help

I posted this on the network54 page and didn't get any quick responses, was hoping to here.

Hi all,

I know, not baseball, but I know the experts are here and I'm taking my chances. If you must Bill, do your thing.

I've had this album for many years and possibly will be trading it away. I've known about the error its contained all along, have had other albums to compare it with over the years, but never have because I wasn't really worried about it as I never planned on getting rid of it.

The album is supposed to have 30 pages excluding covers (1 inside front intro page, 4 full page color plates, and 25 pages with 2 Heroes on each page). Mine has 31 pages with a duplicate page of Gen O O Howard and Gen John Morgan. I also have the original mailing envelope....its not addressed or post marked, not sure if this is related or not. I know its the original envelope as theres an adv on the back with the albums numbered along with how many coupons were necessary for each album. I attached a scan of the back cover. Not sure why this is so...not sure if mine's unique...any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks, Keith

Wanted to add an observation about the advertising on the back of the envelope. There is no mention of the A29 Postage Stamp, A31 Shadows, A32 Sporting Girls (although I'm not so sure this was an actual "album" issue), or A33 Terrors of America albums and one that is mentioned that is not included in the ACC....#3 Declaration of Independence.

And forgot...the reason I know this is the original envelope is because the front has the #6 on it, the back says #6 is the Civil War album, and not sure if all these are like this, but "The Heroes of the Civil War" is in bold.

Collecting - n2, n13, n28, n29, n43, n162, n184, t3, t6, t9, t200, tobacco albums, tobacco advertising cards, tobacco banners (that picture the 19th century card sets).