Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What is up with PCGS Bulk Grading?

I sent an E Mail last week asking for info!

NO REPLY!

I called at 10 AM this morning, left a message, NO REPLY!

This is starting to sound like a BEATLES song!

I got a LOT of silver dollars to do, why won't they answer???????

I think we need a quantity discount, hundreds upon hundreds of silver dollars, silence from PCGS!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    Patience my man--patienceimage
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What time zone do you live in?
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    IIRC. Mininum 100 coins (UNITS per PCGS) is required.
    No more than 4 year/don/mintmark combinations.
    Minimum grade is required.
    If more than 60% met you minimum grade then they charge $6 for each graded coin, and the ones that didnot meet you minimum grade will not be charged.
    However I don't remember what happened if less than 60% met your minimum grade.

HTH

• Options
    PCGS does not offer bulk discounts. Ask David. I did in the Q&A forum about a month back and he said that PCGS does not offer bulk discounts!!!
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • Options

<< <i>PCGS does not offer bulk discounts. Ask David. I did in the Q&A forum about a month back and he said that PCGS does not offer bulk discounts!!! >>

If that is the case, it must be a new policy,
    the above post was from thier reponse to my question in Sep 2003. image
  • Options
    Yousri, I had 133 coins to be graded. I called PCGS and I received a reply that there was a discount. I asked on the Q&A Forum and was informed that there was none to be had.

CC
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Unles you have at least 100 coins of the same date and mintmark I don't think it works anymore---------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    Oh, LORD help me!
    NO ONE KNOWS, NO ONE TELLS!
    I've got hundreds of Silver $1!
  • Options

<< <i>Yousri, I had 133 coins to be graded. I called PCGS and I received a reply that there was a discount. I asked on the Q&A Forum and was informed that there was none to be had.

CC >>

As I said in my previous post:

1. Mininum 100 coins (UNITS per PCGS) is required.
    2. No more than 4 year/don/mintmark combinations.
    3. Minimum grade is required. You have to tell them what minimum grades are acceptable to you.

4. If more than 60% of the coins mset you minimum grade, then they charge $6 for each graded coin, and the ones that did not meet you minimum grade will not be charged.

5. However I don't remember what happened if less than 60% met your minimum grade. I guess they will charge $6 for each grade coin and $4 for the ones that did not make it.

If they changed thier policy after Sep 2003, then I am not aware of it.

HTH
  • Options
    I SURE WISH they would answer!!!!!!!!!!
    No One but Lee and I have any idea what is here!
    This is Tooooooooooo cool, but PCGS needs to tell me where we go from here!
    They won't answer??????
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    They have to be a minimum 100 coin order, 4 different dates and MM minimum. Just call PCGS, dial 0 and ask for the bulk dept.
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options

<< <i>I SURE WISH they would answer!!!!!!!!!!
    No One but Lee and I have any idea what is here!
    This is Tooooooooooo cool, but PCGS needs to tell me where we go from here!
    They won't answer?????? >>

By the way what happened with all those Morgans, I saw only 1 certificate image
  • Options
    4 different dates "minimum", whats the maximum?------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options

<< <i>4 different dates "minimum", whats the maximum?------BigE >>

That is the maximum. image
  • Options
    I need more gigabytesimage----------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options

<< <i>I need more gigabytesimage----------BigE >>

Why, you are a treeimage
  • Options
    image------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭
    They have to be a minimum 100 coin order, 4 different dates and MM minimum. Just call PCGS, dial 0 and ask for the bulk dept.

But don't tell 'em Marty sent youimage
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    Ok, here is the info you need on Bulk... i have done tons of bulk orders and i talk to Deb (ext216) and she is very very helpful!! also Mary lou (ext 142) as of this last Friday Nov5th bulk is now $10 a coin for the common folks (me) and $8 a coin for the dealers..... of course that is the starting price, depending on your grades.........
  • Options
    OK!
    Maybe I need to refine this a bit further.
    Our next submission will be for 29 XF40 or better 1895-O's. We may have to break it into 2 different submissions because of the $25K limit on Registerd Mail.
    We have HUNDRED's of "common" 1878 8TF's, 1878 7/8 TF's that may or may not be worth $300 or LESS!
    Anyone got a clue as to WHY THEY WILL NOT ANSWER??????
  • Options
    Thanks pow, that clears everything up----------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options

<< <i>Our next submission will be for 29 XF40 or better 1895-O's >>

First you need 100 coins for Bulk..... second 1895-0!!! BIG money, just send them in at $16 or $30 a pop and don't worry about it..... lol
  • Options

<< <i>First you need 100 coins for Bulk..... second 1895-0!!! BIG money, just send them in at $16 or $30 a pop and don't worry about it..... lol >>

If 29 will beat $25k, then they're too valuable to go economy, which is capped at $300 per coin.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    Yeah Kenzo, with those coins you could create a commotion and walk them thru at a show, be a superstar get a room with a safe and party all nightimage--------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to sound punishing but why should PCGS give you or anyone else a discount when they are already up to their asses in full price submissions? The purpose of bulk discounts is to help out the submitters of stuff like silver eagles which are of relatively low value and are easier to grade. I sure wouldn't work for less when I got plenty of full price customers. Maybe a 1000 coin bag of 1880-s might get you a discount. Besides their fees vary with the value of the coin so you might end up getting billed for quite a bit more if you make it a habit to undervalue too many coins.
  • Options
    You don't trust registered mail for more than the $25K? There is always Brinks which is probably safer and cheaper than hand delivering coins yourself.
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Obviously only PCGS can answer your question, and they aren't doing it. Why not talk to a PCGS dealer and work something out? Maybe they have connections unavailable to you.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    Woah, dude!
    I didn't say I wanted to submit 1895-O's for a discount!
    I, we, have hundred's of silver dollars that may or may not be valued at $300 or less.
    I think that I at least deserve a "Hello" to my email and phone messages! I HATE being ignored by anyone in a service industry.
    Shows POOR customer response!
  • Options
    Well David Hall usually gets around to answering his PM's eventually. You might try contacting him that way.
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to me that PCGS is your best bet on your group of coins.
    You seem to keep ragging on them. Why? You need them more than they need you.

Call them and work it out person to person. A message don't hack it with the dollars your talking about. Please don't take this personal but you are not dealing with this in the right manner.

The folks at PCGS will jump thru hoops to help if you give them the chance.
    Larry

• Options
    Woah Idhair,
    Read my messages! I have attempted to contact them thru E Mail and telephone. Other than ESP how do you suggest I try???????
  • Options

<< <i>Woah Idhair,
    Read my messages! I have attempted to contact them thru E Mail and telephone. Other than ESP how do you suggest I try??????? >>

I just wouldn't suggest email... they've been good on the phone whenever I've needed them, though...
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an Invitational going on right now in Las Vegas, through Wednesday. I wonder if this has anything to do with their lack of customer service reps to answer your calls?

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    Sorry but email and messages just dont hack it.

Person to person on the phone and take names and notes as to what is said.
    If you can't talk with someone in person you are wasting your time.
    Try back when you can talk in person. This is just good business.

From your post your talking 250K.
    Email and messages are just not the right way to handle this kind of money.

As I said, please don't take this personal. I just wish for this to work out well for you and your friend.
    Hell I won't do any deal over a thousand or so without at least a verbal person to person talk.
    A verbal hand shake so to speak.

PCGS is your friend if you wish them to be.
    Larry

• Options

<< <i>There is an Invitational going on right now in Las Vegas, through Wednesday. I wonder if this has anything to do with their lack of customer service reps to answer your calls?

Sean Reynolds >>

I just left Vegas. What's up there.
    Did I miss a show?
    Larry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file