Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

You suck removed....Beautiful Toned Morgan inside......

I can't believe I got this coin on Ebay for a song ($63 bucks)...........................This is one monster toned Morgan, if I have ever seen one. I already have several of this date and mint mark, but who could pass this one up??? Another case of a picture not quite doing a coin justice

1885-O NGC MS-62 Rainbow

Comments

• Options
    Nope, not "You Suck" material... "You Suck" material is usually considered high grade proof coins from the late 50s and the 60s, that one buys for less than $20 then spends another $20 on, and sells it for at least several hundred... usually involves searching, and finding the coin yourself...

See here for "YOU SUCK" material image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno about suckage, but that is a sweet looking toned Morgan. And everyone knows I'm the one who usually "doesn't get it" on toned Morgans. That has nice pastel colors without the mottling or streakiness one so often sees.

I like it. image

Here, if it makes you feel better:

(Edited to change the word "with" to "without", as I meant to type it.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looks better than a 62 too
    Smitty
  • Options
    Nice coin. Yeah, that looks like a 63, maybe 64. Does not look like enough hits for a 62, and the strike is not that bad for an 85-O.
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    You do love the green Morgans!! Your set is taking on quite the personality. I really like the Morgans you have picked so far, image she's beautiful, and just the kind of Morgan I love.
    Becky
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is one monster toned Morgan, if I have ever seen one >>

It's not a monster toner. That word is far too easily applied. It is, however, very nice and I'd guess it's worth more than $63. How much more would depend on the luster. Have you seen it in hand yet?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I agree that the coin looks like a 63 to me too??? Not worried about an upgrade though as the value of this coin is based on the attractive toning for me.

Thanks for the comments folks and the 1 YOU SUCK from LM image
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    "You sucks" are granted, not requested.

Nice Morgan.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    Dang...how did I miss that one ??
  • Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks 66 to me.

Oh wait.......there's no "cc" on the back.....not a 66.

• Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    That looks like a very nice coin! you suck!image mike
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>This is one monster toned Morgan, if I have ever seen one >>

It's not a monster toner. That word is far too easily applied. It is, however, very nice and I'd guess it's worth more than $63. How much more would depend on the luster. Have you seen it in hand yet?

Russ, NCNE >>

As far as my coins and my toners...it's a monster, but I agree that the description is in the eye of the beholder. Yes, the image was taken by me and I have the coin in hand and it basically glows in the dark. I would say the luster is very good.......maybe a 7 or 8 out of 10 and the coin looks as good if not better than most of the 63's I have.

I guess it's good that I did not use the term cameo...you really would have beat me up imageimage
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you sell it for 100X what you paid, then you'll have earned your YOU SUCK.image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    If you are making me an offer???? SOLD!!!!! image

• Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    I'd say "you did well"image---------------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a nice coin, and I think you got it at a good price.

However, I agree that a "you suck" cannot be solicited; you must just post your coin,
    and leave it up to the forum to decide whether or not you suck.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    Nice coin but the you suck is denied !
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    However, I agree that a "you suck" cannot be solicited; you must just post your coin,
    and leave it up to the forum to decide whether or not you suck.

Agreed. Such is the way of the forum. image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    I bow to the forum masses and have officially pulled my You Suck request........................now I really do suck!!!! image

One day I will once again be welcomed back into the fold....alas I will have to keep posting Morgans until then..........forgive me forumites for I know not what I do image
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    No worries, you can always re-submit for a forum presidential crossover reholer you suck review------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    Very pretty coin but what, if anything, could have NGC been thinking to give the coin such a dumb grade?
    morgannut2
  • Options
    I could send it to PCGS to see if it would cross or upgrade. I just pulled out (3) gr5aded MS62's and looked them over and it was clear that their were plenty of marks on the Devices and fields on both sides of the coins.

I would say this coin has less than half of the marks as are appearent on my other 62's so, MS63 should be a sure bet......MS64...no chance????? Maybe they had a bad day image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file