Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

1948 through 1963 full set

I have a co worker who wants to buy a set of franklin halfs from me. My question is what would be a fair price for a set ranging from F to EF - EF to AU-AU to MS I don't know which set he will want,I want to be fair to him but on the other hand I don't want to give them away either.

Larry

"Freedom of speech is a great thing.Just because you can say anything does not mean you should.

Comments

• Options
    BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
    I would think a lower grade circ. set would be reasonable to sell at $100-$150.

au/bu sets would be anywhere from $250-$500 with the $500 number being mostly ms/63 or better coins.

For the xf/au set......$200?

There's a starting point for you, hopefully others will have some other numbers to toss in here.
    BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Are you going to sell the ones he doesn't pick here?

Darin, I think those prices are too high......if anyone here will pay that much I have 4 full sets of VF-AU/BU that I would gladly sell.
  • Options
    BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
    Advertised buy prices for ch.bu sets are $400, and circ. sets (vg+) at $100. Everything else is inbetween.

The mid-grade circ. stuff probably falls closer towards that $100.

With those advertised buy numbers, I would think the xf/au set should still fall at $150-$175.

I guesstimated before, and these numbers are still a guess, but I would think they are closer.
    BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff
  • Options
    Thanks guys. actually the price you said is inline with what I was thinking.
    "Freedom of speech is a great thing.Just because you can say anything does not mean you should.
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Circulated set
    Greysheet bid 100.00 ask 110.00