Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

HELP!! Question about 63 Post and 63 Jello

Are 63 Post and 63 Jello the same card? I have a 63 Curt Flood, but I am not sure if it is Jello or Post. Compared to other years of Post, this Flood is smaller. Could it be a Jello.

Also, SMR doesn't list Jello in 63, only Post.

Also, I had to go back to the Dec. 03 issue to find 62 and 63 Post. They only regularly list the 1961 Post. Why is that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Shane

Comments

• Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    Very simple to identify 63 Jello versus Post...

The Jello's are shorter, measuring 3 3/8 x 2 1/2 versus the measurements of 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 for the Post...

But an even easier to identify them... there is a red line that separates the 1962 stats from the Lifetime stats... on Jello it starts and ends almost even with the stats, but on the Post, the line runs nearly from border to border.

Now, on Curt Flood, it's very likely you have the Jello, as the Post is pretty scarce, and is worth well more than 10x the value of the Jello.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank
    The ’63 Jell-O set includes many scarce cards; primarily those which were printed as the backs of less popular brands and sizes of the gelatin dessert. Slightly smaller than the virtually identical post cereal cards of the same year, the 200 cards in the Jell-O issue measure 3 3/8” x2 ½”. The easiest way to distinguish the 63 J from the Post cards is by the red line that separates the 62 stats from the lifetime stats. On the Post cards, the line extends almost all the way to the side borders, on the Jell-O cards, the line begins and ends much closer to the stats. The 63P cards measure the standard 3 ½” x 2 ½”

your friend
    Mike

edit: source 04 Standard Catalog - A76 is faster on the draw!
    Mike