Home Sports Talk
Options

Bring back Tino!!!

I always said that the Steinbrenner should never have let him go in lieu of Giambi (a blast from the past). Letting Tino go was the start of losing the great chemistry the Yankees had from 1996-2000:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20041105&content_id=910740&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp

Rumors about bringing him back are on the radio and in newspapers also.

Comments

• Options
    You can't return to the past - he's just too old now to be what he once was.
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Tino may be too old, but Giambi is no spring chicken either and I think has aged much too quickly.

Yankees should hang on to Olerud if they will start him at 1B. He is a good for team chemistry among other things.

Tino was good to have, but its not like he is an original cast member of the Yankees--meaning he is not home grown talent.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    There is talk that the Yanks are looking into signing Tino again.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey I hope they sign him. I hope they get right into that system of signing "Has been" players like the Red Sox used to do.

One year off the juice and Giambi's career is going down the toilet but I dont think that Olerud is the answer either

What happened to 1918, Babe Ruth, A-Rod, Steinbrenner???

The curse was...... desrever.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Tino was solid... agree it was not a good move to trade him at the time, but not a good move to get him back now.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...