Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

UMMM, Check this out

what do yall think? SCAM? The serial number looks like a fresh grade. Switcher euu?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60493&item=5134611159&rd=1

Comments

• GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Gramps Namath

Link for the lazy!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    It's about the lamest, dumbest attempt at a scam I have seen.

The case is cracked, the card is visibly NOT ex-mt, and most damning of all: "I don't know much about cards, but I found this in my grandpa's ..."

I guess grandpa decided to get it graded by PSA just before kicking the bucket (it does look like a relatively recent grade, from the number). Then somebody accidentally broke the holder.

Probably a reprint that's been beat up for its role in this con job. The real ex-mt Namath has been resubmitted.
  • EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    YUCK! Looked like he wiped his ass with it before putting
    it in the holder. I can't believe with the front and back shown that
    people still bid on it.
  • LOL - "I dont know much about baseball cards"
    I am looking for Nolan Ryan cards, esp. OPC and rare oddball issues, graded or not. Also I need quite a few 1956 Topps, PSA 6 or higher

Current Sets in Progress:
    1956 Topps Master Set PSA 6 or better
    1978 Topps PSA 9 or 10
    1981 Donruss Golf PSA 9 or 10
    1989 Upper Deck PSA 9 or 10
    Nolan Ryan Master Set
    Pete Rose Master Set
  • He also listed it under baseball cards. Maybe he's selling it for someone else?Almost seems too obvious to be a scam.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1965 Topps #122 Joe Namath New York Rookie Card PSA 6 >>

The Dumbass doesn't know anything about "baseball" cards - and we are supposed to be gullible enough to buy that crap - yet he lists the card as a Namath Rookie - Nowhere in the flip does it say rookie card!

His grandpa must be "channeling" him info from the other side! Pretty cool - the dumber I get the dumber they get!

Stone

edit: spell check
    Mike
  • Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    Good one STONE!!HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!

Loth
  • helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    AFAIK, Topps has never reprinted tall boy cards, so it could be an authentic card. Or it could be a photocopy. Either way, this auction has problems.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay