Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I got ripped off!!!

I'm going underground with this, so I have removed the link. Thanks you guys.
Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    No where on there does it say reprint.

Contact paypal immediately, and also ebay. Inform him you've done so.

Paypal has a 30 day window on disputes...I'd act fast.
  • Options
    i certain you can dispute this transaction thru you credit card,since you paid with credit card(not bank acct.).i see ebay booted this seller so getting anything from him is lost.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Whoa...no longer registered user. Three dings on reprints within the last week. Move quickly!!!
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    I'd never suggest fibbing, but let me just point out that if he did not use SIGNATURE confirmation (because it's over $250), he cannot prove to PayPal's satisfaction that you received the card. Unless he's disappeared from PayPal, too, they might be able to reverse the charge.

Let me also point out that PayPal would not help me on a $950 fraud last spring because the scammer sent me worthless commons instead of a '65 Mantle PSA 8, and he used sig. copnfirmation to prove I'd received SOMETHING. PayPal did not care that I received junk instead of the Mantle. They called it a dispute over "quality of goods received" and told me to work it out with the seller.

You might want to keep these things in mind when deciding what kind of complaint to file with PayPal.
  • Options
    Your credit card company should be able to resolve this matter for you. I was the victim of fraud regarding the purchase of cards. I paid for them but they were never sent. I notified my credit card company. They told me to wait 2 weeks. The cards never came and they gave me a complete refund
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark
    I just recently did a Paypal reversal and I called them direct and they walked me through the process.
    The reversal went very fast. Save all your emails as proof of trying to communicate. At the same time, if you want, you can contact your credit card company and work for a 'rewind' thru them. I had good luck with that about 6 months ago.
    Good luck and I hope this goes well.
    your friend
    Mike
    Mike