Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

SELLER NARU'd---Is there something going on with the bidding here???

RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
Please take a look at the bid history of this coin. Please note the seller and other bidders. I am not questioning the bidder at the bottom of the list with a $10.53 bid, but both of the others.

Now that you have noted the seller's name and other bidder's name, click on the feedback profile of the one with a feedback score of 3. Am I over reacting on this one?
I would love to tuirn this in to eBay, but maybe I am wrong with suspecting foul play here.

Funny Bidding??

I guess what I am getting at is it looks like fake bids to make a market for the coin.

Any opinions???

Thanks, Richard.

Comments

• Options
    Looks shill bidding to meimage
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey Richard

not to rain on your parade, but following your suggestion and looking at the feedback, i went a step further and looked at the auctions. apparently all the August 26th auctions that look suspicious are for the same thing, Advantix flea medicine for dogs. also, would a coin like a 1955 DDO really need a market created?? granted that big mike seems to have bought some AU Kennedy half-dollars, but so what??

what i noticed from checking the feedback of golfpro$$ is that all the auctions i looked at where he was the buyer are also for Advantix. i think that's what's suspicious. we may have inadvertantly uncovered a ring that's trying to artificially create a high market price for flea medication!!!!!!

holy crap, does that make this an OT thread?????

al h.image
  • Options

<< <i>we may have inadvertantly uncovered a ring that's trying to artificially create a high market price for flea medication!!!!!! >>

• Options
    GolfPro recently bought a few coins from the seller. I did not see any feedback for those coins.
  • Options
    Also, I was noting that the bidder with a score of 3 has a total of 38 positive feedbacks of which 37 are from the seller of this DDO and the other top bidder of this DDO. Just looks suspicious to me.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭

<< <i>we may have inadvertantly uncovered a ring that's trying to artificially create a high market price for flea medication!!!!!! >>

No wonder Frank was so pissed-off!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355
    Good eyes, the duffer is a shill bidder. Bid against him/her on a coin a few months ago, thought something was up, watched for feedback on both seller and buyer, after a month asked seller if buyer came through, got very rude, defensive affirmative, but never any feedback.

Bill
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options

<< <i>I am high bidder at the next level but that wont last long since I am going to withdraw my bid >>

I think they reached the level they want it. image
  • Options
    OT thread indeed! But then again, if you buy or sell on ebay, what do you expect? Want-a-be at best!

Have a Great Day!
    Louis
  • Options

<< <i>OT thread indeed! But then again, if you buy or sell on ebay, what do you expect? Want-a-be at best!

Have a Great Day!
    Louis >>

Louis, How is this thread OT?? My question is regarding bidding on a COIN. This is the COIN Forum, no??
  • Options
    Oh ye of a simple mind, it is obvious that you didn't read all of the replies to your thread and instead latched upon one point that you didn't agree with.

Have one,
    Louis
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>OT thread indeed >>

Sorry. Can't agree with that.
    Larry

• Options
    See we have another simple mind.

• Options

<< <i>Oh ye of a simple mind, it is obvious that you didn't read all of the replies to your thread and instead latched upon one point that you didn't agree with.
    Have one,
    Louis >>

Hey man, I don't need one. Maybe you do. I am not simple minded and I did read all the replies to my thread. You are the one that must not have read my initial post with a link to a coin before claiming OT.

I made this post for some serious advice and you want to being testy about it.

So what gives???
  • Options
    Almost forgot....What is the one point I do not agree with??
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>See we have another simple mind. >>

What's your problem?
    You my friend should rethink your post.

Larry

• Options
  • Options
    Now look at the new high bidder, feedback score of 2 with 12 positive feedbacks of which 11 are from golfpro.
  • Options
    tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    nice work, turn the seller in................scum of the earth
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options
    If you made a bid, complain to Ebay. If you win coplain to the Post Office when you get it in the mail and blame Ebay too.
    morgannut2
  • Options
    Ended early. This place rocks.

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    Surprise...it has been relisted.

I love PCGS and this forum!
    www.geocities.com/joemoris My Ebay and some personal goodies
  • Options
    I wonder if the old auction was reported to eBay if the seller would still get naru'd??
  • Options
    I saw that early this morning. Wonder what happened.......image
  • Options
    UncleJoeUncleJoe Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Golf pro naru'd also. image

Joe.
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,576 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>OT thread indeed! But then again, if you buy or sell on ebay, what do you expect? Want-a-be at best!

Have a Great Day!
    Louis >>

Still think this is OT? I think perchance an apology is owed....

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    There is a Brunswick, Georgia. My hometown and one of the other forum members (LordMarcovan) is close to there also.
    Melanie
  • Options
    Bump. I guess GrandDad has decided not to reply anymore. I hate those hit and run posters, don't y'all?
  • Options
    pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355
    the vitriol did not compute

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people like to come into threads and attack or show their own "brilliance".
    When they are shown to be wrong, they run. Few have the caljones to own up to be blustery and wrong and apologize.

I think you did a good thing in showing this and it was VERY on topic for the coin forum.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    There are towns named Brunswick in Ohio, Maine, NY, and Missouri.image
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Funny how somebody always defends the scammers until they get busted.......
    So where is Brunswick? That tells a lot. There's Brunswick GA, IN, ME, MD, MI, MN, MS, MO, NE, NY, NC, OH, TN, TX, VT, & VA.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    Good thread Rampage!! image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    TUMUSSTUMUSS Posts: 2,207

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file