Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

OK I brought an 1949 Franklin S/S coin a few

ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
years back. What's these RPM1 coins bringing and are they worth collecting? It's ANACS MS64 and I paid a few hundred for it, which when I was collecting Franklins was a good deal for a common coin. What can you tell me about it? How many do you think are out there? My last Frankin book was "An Analysis of Gem Franklin Half Dollars" by Jack Ehrmantraut Jr., how has the market changed since this 1983 book?
I'm sure there's much more informtion on them now..............

THANKS

Comments

• Options
    Rick Tomaska has a book on Franklins which he recently updated. The Ehrmantraut is excellent and must reading for any serious Franklin collector. There are numerous RPM's in the Franklin series, but to date, most mainstream Franklin collectors don't pay a whole lot of attention to them. They're more of a curiosity than anything else. Welcome to the boards! image
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, people have never called me mainstream in collecting or investing. If your following the crowd I've done nothing but lose over the years. Who would have thought a toned coin would go for more that a white clean one? I always bid less....LOL. Things tend to go in cycles and the new age collecting sure has a lot to prove over time, but I figure a 49 S in it's own right is a key coin in this series, so it's hard to go wrong with it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file