Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

What do you think about this coin on Ebay?

This coin is going on auction soon and I'm wondering what you think about the price? It's my birth year
and a very nice coin, as you can tell. Not inexpensive, so I would like some other opinions besides my own. Thanks image

Comments

• Options
    terrible photos, hey Susan, now we know your age. image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Susan, you told us you were 29.image

If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    If I remember correctly, I said that I'm staying 29, not how many years I've stayed 29 already imageimage

I suppose I'm one of the few women who doesn't mind telling her age...I told you I was different!

• Options
    wildjagwildjag Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭
    Seems like a nice coin. I think they made the photos small to mask the apparent haze on the obverse and a fingerprint on the reverse? I opened that photo and enlarged it and it looks like it needs to go to NCS IMO.
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If I remember correctly, I said that I'm staying 29, not how many years I've stayed 29 already imageimage

I suppose I'm one of the few women who doesn't mind telling her age...I told you I was different! >>

I have never understood why women don't want to tell their age, not like fibbing changes it or there is anything wrong with being older than 25! Good for you for being happy with who you are.

BTW - I would have guessed you were 10-15 years younger than that coin suggests you are, I guess your pleasant, positive outlook and passion for coins has helped you remain young.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Thanks, Aethelred imageimage

Wildjag, thanks for your opinion...it may have kept me from buying a problem coin image Everyone else for your opinion too.

• Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    I would have a very hard time bidding on that coin based only on those pictures.

It looks to be fully struck and the surfaces appear mark free. However there is no way you can determine any hairlining from the photos. The haziness/patina also bothers me but it may be on the holder rather than the coin. Again, with those photos you can't tell.

Since it's a live auction is there any chance someone you trust with a good numismatic eye could view the coins in person?

-JamminJ
  • Options
    I don't know anyone who will be at the auction or near it.

• Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    I couldn't not choke on the price of that coin, birth date or not- if I got into that micro-grading I'd be buying 4 coins a year.image

Not that it's not a nice coin...image
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato