Home PSA Set Registry Forum

"Mechanical Error" Correction Before Shipping

A request to PSA:

I recently sent a ticket in for grading and when it appeared on the online Submission Status page, I noticed one of those "mechanical errors" before they were to ship it back. They spelled "Miami" as "Maimi." I e-mailed PSA trying to get someone to correct the name and no one bothered to respond. Now I have to ship it back and wait some more.

This could have been easily fixed before ever shipping it. Can someone at PSA look at the process and see if there is someway to avoid this?

I wouldn't mind a delay in shipping if it would avoid situations like this. Mistakes happen, but when they could be corrected before shipping, I would have been much less aggravated and frustrated.
Always looking for PSA 9 or 10 Pete Maravich cards!

#1 Pete Maravich Master Set AGAIN!

The Ultimate Pete Maravich Card Collection

Comments

• Great Idea I suport 100%.
    Makes great sense from the customer's perspective, and from a customer service perspective.
    But in this day and age, is it cost effective for PSA? Probably not. . .
    So the likelyhood is, it doesn't get done.

Although I would love to see companies I support get on the leading edge of what's right and utilize the technology, I can't really expect PSA to go out of their way too much based on what they need to do to stay competitive.

Jeremy
  • I'm not sure why this wouldn't be cost effective. In every business I've ever consulted with, the cost of correcting defects is much higher than fixing the process so that product comes out right the first time - or is at least corrected before it gets to the end customer. It's typically referred to as the cost of non-compliance.

I won't lose any sleep over this, but I hope that PSA will at least think about this issue.
    Always looking for PSA 9 or 10 Pete Maravich cards!

#1 Pete Maravich Master Set AGAIN!

The Ultimate Pete Maravich Card Collection
  • jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    If you are not in a rush to get the card corrected, wait until there is a show where PSA is doing on site grading. You can take your want list and PSA will correct the error while you walk around. Also saves you shipping charges.
  • thats a good idea Jayhawk, lowest cost for all
  • I am just thinking that since it is up to the customer to ship the cards back and that cost isn't refunded, there isn't much incentive when all they pay for is reshipping. I would think it would cost much more to disrupt a process by ensuring emails are checked everytime before an order is shipped. Hey, I'm on your side, I think it's a great idea.

But for as many times as a customer would email about an error they notice, before an order is shipped - which I am guessing isn't many times (a vst majority of the time there either is no error or the customer would miss it before shipping also), it would place a strain on the process to look for those exceptions.

Now if they were to use technology instead, say have a link in the email that says your grades are ready, and then if the link is used it creates an automatic delay shipping, that would be the best solution. But anytime there is automation, there is a large cost up front, another thing most big business resist.

Jeremy
    Jeremy