Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I'm looking to start my own coin cleaning business - ajax needed

dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
please send me all your free samples of ajax & steel wool. oh, & if you have any spare slabbed coins that need a good scrubbing, that would be great too! thanks!

K S

Comments

• Options
    GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    I have a bunch of "sample slabs" that are worth nothing, and just junk - well, because after all, they are just "samples." I can mail a case of those to crack open and shine them up.
  • Options
    Just write the address in marker on the slab, place stamp
    on it and drop it in the mailbox.
  • Options
    This is OT. Doesn't belong here... take it to the Open Forum.
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is OT. Doesn't belong here... take it to the Open Forum. >>

When did you become a moderator?
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not have any Ajax, but I do have some southern gold coins in slabs that have not yet been cleaned. PM me your address, and I will send them to you.
  • Options

<< <i>

When did you become a moderator? >>

When do you guys think you could post OT crap here? I can say what I wish... this is Off Topic... and certainly should not be here... I do not see anything here relating to serious discussion of numismatic matters........ just because I'm not a moderator, doesn't mean I can't ask you to take your crap elsewhere....
    -George
    42/92
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

When did you become a moderator? >>

When do you guys think you could post OT crap here? I can say what I wish... this is Off Topic... and certainly should not be here... I do not see anything here relating to serious discussion of numismatic matters........ just because I'm not a moderator, doesn't mean I can't ask you to take your crap elsewhere.... >>

I agree with you that it's getting too silly in here. But the self-appointed board cops only make it worse and keep threads going that would otherwise die on their own.
  • Options
    If we don't police ourselves, who will? The moderators aren't here 24/7, and sometimes we need to be self policing. Why do you always have to go and shout "Oh! This guy is telling us it's OT and to take it elsewhere! He's assuming he's a moderator!!" You are a complete moron...
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    I thought we already had some "self appointed moderators" here?
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are a complete moron...

What's the difference between a complete moron and a partial moron?
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options

<< <i>What's the difference between a complete moron and a partial moron? >>

Dunno. Being a complete moron, apparently, I'm too idiotic to say.
  • Options
    TUMUSSTUMUSS Posts: 2,207
    The title of this thread was obviously a spoof....have no sympathy for those who open it to criticize...image
  • Options
    INXSINXS Posts: 1,202
    Dorkkarl wants to open a coin cleaning business. Keyword here is coin. I am all for keeping things in the right forums but for someone to appoint themselves moderator is worse than the thread itself.
    "Well here's another nice mess you have gotten me into" Oliver Hardy 1930

BST successful dealings with:MsMorrisine, goldman86
  • Options
    the ironic thing is - some of you think i'm kidding.... image

K S
  • Options
    The ironic this is, you think the rules don't apply to you image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find this thread totally distasteful! You're old enough to know you don't use ajax on coins anymore! You have to use Brasso and a small steel bristle brush! image
    Fall National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. Thanksgiving Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bon Ami or Softscrub is the way to go. You'll wonder where the toning went, when you brush your coins with Pepsodent!!
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    hey JrGMan2004, your in a bad mood!

K S
  • Options

<< <i> I do not see anything here relating to serious discussion of numismatic matters >>

He's absolutely right. I haven't seen a single question about whether something will cross, or if it is AT, or will it make 65 etc. Not even a link complaining about someone selling a blatent fake that an 8 year old with a Redbook would spot, or a coin being offered with a bad picture and opening bid way over what the greysheet says it should be. So you folks get with the program and start whining about ebay and bad grades coming back from the services RIGHT NOW!
  • Options
    You guys are idiots. Some complete and some partial. You say Pepsodent and wonder where your toning went (super funny), and say Brasso and steel wool (funny). But as an HONEST and time saving answer to cleaning coins question: You shouldnt mess with manually cleaning-Takes too long. I use a Grinding wheel!!! Takes about half the time-AND the coins are then rendered MORE valueable-Beacuse each one is unique after cleaning! You have diffferent angles from the stone, and as the grindstone becomes worn the pattern changes every coin! I will post a few pics later today time allowing.

Since you are talking about a coin, which forum should you post under to be On-Topic?

Thanks for the fun post and great replies! This is funny stuff.
    www.geocities.com/joemoris My Ebay and some personal goodies
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    I've got a used bench grinder that I made from an old washing machine motor and for a small charge I'll weld a wire bruch on it for you. If interested call me @ br549.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    I wish you all would think about what your saying about cleaning or even dipping coins they will get BB I alwasy use some good Krylon spray paint comes in all colors Silver, Gold, Plat and Bronze also you can get creative and do toneing like Antique Bronze or even some nice colors. As we all know Toneing is in and you can get some great colors this way and no cleaning needed
    9/11/01 NEVER FORGET

12/14/03 Bremer Confirms U.S. Captured Saddam

Joe Holt

joe_holt@bellsouth.net
  • Options
    stev32kstev32k Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭
    Actually the best cleaning method has not even been mentioned yet - I'm surprised. I have a sand blasting unit that works wonders in a very short time. You can use walnut shells in place of sand and it gives the coin a luster that looks like it just came from the mint. Been doing that for years and have slabbed a lot of MS-65's that used to be XF-40.
    Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard drive?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file