Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Lucky me, T206 Wagner....anyone else lucky too?

Hello steve. I found you on the psa board, my name is Ed. I have a question for you. I have come into a card and was wondering what your take is on it. I got a Sweet Corporal Honus Wagner card ungraded, but would grade at a 1 or a 2 I am guessing. PSA will be @ a convention near my house in Nov. where I am going to bring the card. What would be the best route in selling the card? Should I take it to an auction house or try ebay? Any help would be great. Please email me @ edwardmalik@hotmail.com. Thanks alot. Ed
Thank you,
a_and_e_sales

got this today in my mail............

anyone else so lucky?
Good for you.

Comments

• Options
    Sell it on ebay with the disclaimer: Not sure if it's a reprint or not, it certainly looks old, I am not a card expert. My loss is your gain.
  • Options
    I would write back just to see where he would be leading with this.
  • Options
    LOL. I guess Halloween really does bring out all kinds.
    I am looking for Nolan Ryan cards, esp. OPC and rare oddball issues, graded or not. Also I need quite a few 1956 Topps, PSA 6 or higher

Current Sets in Progress:
    1956 Topps Master Set PSA 6 or better
    1978 Topps PSA 9 or 10
    1981 Donruss Golf PSA 9 or 10
    1989 Upper Deck PSA 9 or 10
    Nolan Ryan Master Set
    Pete Rose Master Set
  • Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Is it April Fools Day already?
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Steve, I've got 4 or 5 of those. Want to take a look at mine too? image
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Text

hmmm im thinking it was that guy honda somthing he was from that area
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Tell him to have the card graded by PSA and then sell it by auction. He is not asking you to buy it is he?
  • Options
    nope, has not asked me to buy. i was just wondering if anyone else got this email.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    He hasn't asked you to buy yet, but that's where it's going:

You: "Ed, I may be interested in buying that card myself. How much are you looking to get?"
    Ed: "I'm not sure. It looks old, but I don't know much about cards. How much are you offering?"
    You: "First can you look at the back and me tell me exactly how Sweet Corporal is spelled?"
    Ed: "S-W-E-E-T C-O-R-P-O-R-A-L. Is that rarer than, uh, Pierpoint?"
    You: "Very rare, since it's supposed to be Sweet Caporal. And it's Piedmont."
    You: "Ed? Hello? Ed?"
  • Options
    jr i don't think so, im not that gullible, even with persons i pretend to know.

i guess this person "ED" was fishing.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< i guess this person "ED" was fishing. >>>

You are 100% right. You were "nibbling" a little bit but didn't get hooked. Appears like another new scam in the "scammers handbook."

• Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Oh, I know you wouldn't fall for it. But I bet that was coming next if you pretended to take the bait.
  • Options
    I still say take the bait just to see where it leads imageimage.
  • Options
    nah, not worth the effort. i simply wanted to know if anyone else got the email too.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>nah, not worth the effort. i simply wanted to know if anyone else got the email too. >>

Steve
    send me the email and I'll write, express interest and inform him that I am a rich dumbass with more money than brains.

Mike
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve D - I know you weren't giving any real thought to taking this scammer seriously. These jerks of course think that they'll send out hundreds/thousands of these e-mails and maybe hook one person. I wish these pathetic morons would stick to their main skill of busting open parking meters or payphones to steal money rather than bothering us.
  • Options

<< <i>Sell it on ebay with the disclaimer: Not sure if it's a reprint or not, it certainly looks old, I am not a card expert. My loss is your gain. >>

"Found in grandpah's attic" "found at old feemarket"

et

live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!