Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

November Collectors Club Grading Special

Hello all,

Since I don't see a thread asking about the next special yet, I thought I'd get a jump on it and post it first.

The November Special for Collectors Club members is:

Modern Cards - $5 each!

This special is valid for sports and non-sports cards from 1972 to present valued under $500 each. There is No Minimum or Maximum quantities required. (Excludes Tallboys, Super Sized cards, Pins and Coins.) The turnaround time varies with demand.

To receive this special you need to have the package postmarked from November 1st -November 30th so remember to wait until Monday to send out the package or it will not count. The pop up and link will be on the site later this afternoon.

Carol

Comments

• Options
    Woohoo! That rocks! Thanks Carol!
  • Options
    i assume this is not the 1st time this special has been put up right? about how long do you al think the turnaround times will be with this special?
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    about how long do you al think the turnaround times will be with this special?

The turnaround time varies with demand.

Up to 45 days?
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    Glad I didn't send all my modern in with a big order I mailed in last week. I submitted 94 vintage common and 11 specials in one mailing, and considered sticking about 30 modern's in there to save on the postage, but realized it would cost $10 a card for them since I didn't have nearly enough to qualify for bulk pricing. Timing on this special couldn't be better, I don't really even card about the turn around, since I would have sent away for 45 days to begin with if I could have done it for $6 a card, but for $5, they can take as long as they want (and something tells me there will be no rush to get those $5 specials returned).
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    Wahoooooooooo $5 special!!!!!! Carol will you marry me?!?!?!?

BOTR

ps) Sorry, overcome with joy. Don't think my wife would appreciate it too much.

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shane

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot find a link about the special. There only thing I have found is the original post by Carol. No popup either. Can anybody else find it? Does anybody know the turnaround time?

Shane

• Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    The turnaround time varies with demand.

That what she said on top. The link is not there yet.
    I don't see it either. Probably up on Monday 11/01.
    I want to know what we have to mark on the outside of
    the package. November Special? Putting together my cards
    tonight.
  • Options
    This may sound like a stupid question, but I've never submitted cards for grading outside of card shows. How do you guys recommend packaging the cards and do you insure your own package even though you insure it again on the submission form?

I collect Topps Chrome Basketball Rookie Refractors, particularly from 96-97, and limited edition rookies of Taiwanese baseball players.
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    MP - I've seen this question posed many times, and I thought I'd get the answers rolling:
    I follow the instructions on the submission form exactly and I've never had a problem.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    Just mark the outside November special.

The turn around varies and that means it could be 30, 45 or more days depending on how many come through the door.
    If there aren't many submitted, it could be less. We just don't know.

Carol
  • Options
    Thanks morrellman,
    One more q, if you have more than 25 submissions - i think the printout form only has room for 25, do you print out another submission form?

I collect Topps Chrome Basketball Rookie Refractors, particularly from 96-97, and limited edition rookies of Taiwanese baseball players.
  • Options
    Just print as many forms that you need and write on them Page 1 of 4, Page 2 of 4, etc.
    Do all your fee calculations and shipping charges on page 1 for the order.

If you have any other questions, feel free to call customer service at 800-325-1121.

Carol

• Options
    Carol,

Has PSA considered expanding the number of lines available for the online forms? This would be a TREMENDOUS help for those of us who have poor writing skills and prefer to fill in the forms by keyboarding. I have well over 100 cards to submit under this month's special, and it would be a lot easier to use a web fill-in form for them all. image

--Todd--
  • Options
    Todd,

I fill out the form, print it out and then clear the fields so that I can do the data entry for pages 2, 3 etc. Then all you have to do is change the line numbers.