Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Wow this is a good one...

I've seen a lot of scammers on eBay selling cards graded in their basements, but this guy takes the cake. Hopefully this link works, but if not, the ebay item is 5930663515.

ebay item 5930663515

Ok, I know this card isn't a sports cards, but if there were a nonsports card worth having it would be this card. If it were PSA graded 10 it would be worth over $10k. There are so many things wrong with this auction. First of all this card is almost definatly fake. My favorite is that the slab is screw-down. I'm new to this sort of thing. What's the quickest way to get this guy kicked off eBay?

Comments

• Options
    here's the real deal in PSA 8 link
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I've never played Magic, but even I know that's *the* card to have. My question...is it really the most powerful, or just the rarest, or what? Why the fame and value?

Secondly...does anyone actually play with their valuable cards? I mean...does someone pull out a black lotus in the middle of a game?
  • Options
    I would never buy any "Power 9" off ebay. To many fakes.

Regarding Lotus. It is an abusive card. However the amount of real play it gets is nil. There are very few, if any, tournaments that it can be played in. I have seen valuable decks played with little regard for the cards. After all that is what they are made for. image
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    When you play would you throw down the card slabbed in a PSA holder? image If you have a fake one you can't use it in a game?
  • Options
    I've seen a guy at the local card store that has a Yu Gi Oh, I think, deck in toploaders. That has to be anoying. If you were playing in a scantioned Vintage Magic tournament you might have to have the real thing in your deck. But not sure. Never been to one. All the real money is in standard.