Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Ebay scam, or dealer's ebay buying id?

I see goldhill alot...

Ebay auction I drooled over

Coinvault...
Coinvault and
Reverse

Not one you see everyday, but the pix appear to be identical... scam seems unlikely given the longterm people involved. Hmm, I think I just fell into the 'ebay scam' 'what are the dealers up to?' mind set. Maybe I should go over to the other forum for awhile!

Comments

• Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree ... Pics look identical. Something's fishy image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭
    I don't see any problem here. Clark Smith bought the coin off eBay and then put it on his website. It looks as though he has subsequently sold the coin too. Or did I miss something?
    https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, just now I know the name he buys under (as opposed to him selling under Clark Smith). Now I can spy image. But seriously, knowing someone with his level of expertise is going after something is reassuring to me that the item is genuine. I have a copy of the silver version, but I knew it was a copy when I bought it. Made me leery of the gold (well, that and the price tag...) Too many reputable people involved for me to really expect any shenanigans, silly title to the thread...I was reading too much on the US coin forum and got over-excited...