Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1993 Finest refractors

I am kind of courious about this. One seller on ebay consistently lists about 100 of these cards every week or so. How on earth could he possibly have that kind of access to these cards? It just doesn't add up. I have bought a few from him, and am completely satisfied with what I've bought. I just don't understand it.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I would hate tosee them fllod the market like the 95-96 Test Orange Refractors in BKB. Can I get a link?Is he selling key cards or the same cards over and over? I know some poeple have quite a few of them but that sounds a bit hard to believe. I remember I found Kevin Young and Reggie Jefferson in a junk box last year.
  • Options
    mudflap is probably talking about BobbaBo1.. i've bought from them before too.. i've often wondered how they accumulated that many 93 refractors also.. was their foresight that good that they stockpiled them back in the day?
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    Yes, that's who I'm talking about. Their foresight can't have been that good, because back in the day they were selling for a lot more than they are now, if you can believe it. They were the first rare true insert card.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    He seems to have a few. Kinda makes you wonder, seems the market on them has come down alot. I got $120 for Kevin Young last year and now there are 2 in an ebay store for $50 each. There is supposed to only be like 280 some of each card.
  • Options
    CariconCaricon Posts: 819 ✭✭
    I used to have a couple of them a while back but sold them when the market really took off on them. There was one person, can't
    remember the name, who had 100's of them. I remember him saying he kept them in a safty deposit box. He was buying up as
    many as he could find. I think that was the only cards he was interested in.