Home Sports Talk
Options

Schilling on Arod

1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
from the Jim Rome show -

Of the ten best interviews I have ever done on this talk show, I think Curt Schilling as offered up four or five of them himself. And he may have topped all of those with his performance on Wednesday. Curt sacked up and called into the show the day after one of the most courageous efforts of any pitcher ever, and the day of one of the biggest games in the history of the Red Sox – Yankees rivalry.

He didn’t have a whole lot to say about his game six performance with a bleeding Achilles. He told me that he has never been more convinced of a divine intervention than he was Tuesday Night. I’m not sure if it was the help of god or adrenalin or what, but that was a phenomenal effort on his part.

The one thing that he did have a lot to say about was the play involving Alex Rodriguez and Bronson Arroyo down the first base line . A-Rod tried to pry the ball from Arroyo’s glove by karate chopping his arm. The umpires got the call right, and the Red Sox weren’t hurt by it, but that didn’t prevent Curt from lighting up one of the game’s best players. He called A-Rod’s attempt a
‘Punk play’ and a ‘stupid ass play’ that was ‘so unprofessional it was a joke.’ He wasn’t done there. He went on to tell me that ‘you would never see Derek Jeter do something like that’, the Yankees are a class organization and ‘that play was anything but class.’ He finished him off by saying that A-Rod is a phenomenal talent, but that ‘from a respect standpoint, there wasn’t much there to begin with.’
collecting various PSA and SGC cards

Comments

• Options
    Good, honest, comments from Schilling. I'm glad that A-Rod never became a Met.
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    He called into the dan patrick show the day after the a-rod incident, and said essentially the same thing.

As far as his calling out god for his performance where he got the win, why didn't he blame god for him getting rocked? Many comedians have mentioned this, and I have always wondered why athletes thank god for their successes, but never hear his name mentioned when they fall short.

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    What would pay to have A-Rod autograph that photo!?
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

Hilarious Photo!!!!