Home Sports Talk
Options

Could another team have done as poor as St. Louis?

Come on!!! BORING as hell.

At least the Yankee-Sox was exciting even though my Yanks choked.

Comments

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    No, and that's the worst part of this. A competitive loss could've been tolerable, but this was epically horrific. Seriously, this season: not even worth it.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Yes, it could have happened to any team. They are all susceptible to falling into a funk. It just happened to the Cards while the entire world was watching.
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    Most of my anti-Yankees sentiment comes from the WS five years ago. The team with the record dropped 4 straight in the WS with home field advantage.

Brian

• Options
    When the Sox were down 3-0 to the Yankees, I still watched every minute, because they
    are my team. Lots of faith there. lol
    After the 1st game with the cards, I really thought it would be a close exciting series
    with the Sox in 6.
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    I don't think St. Louis played that poorly...they lost a golden opportunity, though, with game 1. Had they won that game, I suspect they would have won the series.

The Boston pitching was just absolutely superb...and the lack of a strong pitching staff in St. Louis became painfully obvious.

It's not like the games were blowouts...just the boston pitching shutting down the vaunted St. Louis lineup after game 1.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    The series was boring? I suspect any series without 'your' yankees is going to be boring...but the games were well played, close games...and it's the freakin' world series. Had they all been 10-0 blowouts, I'd agree boring...but timely hitting, drama, all in all a great series.