Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PCGS price Guide for Rosy's UPDATED - Way to Go PCGS!

I was checking the Rosy PCGS price guide and lo and behold, the values have been updated! There still seem to be a few inconsistencies - like a 60P MS67 being more valuable than a 60P MS67FB but hey, its 99% better than it was and the prices look reasonable (a big change onto itself - not to mention adding FB prices).

Way to go PCGS!

Silver Rosy Price Guide

Craig
If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!

Comments

• Options
    can someone please tell me why it is so hard to get my hands on a PCGS 1973-S Roosevelt in PR69DCAM???????????????????? I've been looking for WEEKS.....ebay...Heritage....DHRC.....David Lawrence...R & I.....Cameo CC.....

nothing.

Any suggestions...please let me know.

Regards,

Toby Leach
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    Toby, seems it would EASY given the pop in PR69DC is a huge 737 pieces! (7 better)
    Craig
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    WOW, I would like to here the opinions of all the roosey collectors here!!! Do you think they got it right? Fred
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    The PCGS price guide is just that.. A guide, A starting point. I would say over all the FB prices are
    a good starting point for a collector to evaluate what he is willing to pay for a particular coin. As
    I glance through the Roosie price guide I see some that are low and some that are high and
    some right on. If this becomes the "all spoken word" for Roosie values, Well, I'm OK with that too.
    I'm talking only of the FB values listed. It looks to me like not all of the non-FB prices have
    been updated. Some of the prices are identical to what they were before.

Nick
  • Options
    Lets conduct a little test. I put a spectacular 1954D MS67FB up on eBay and started it at a buck.
    PCGS price guide says the coin is valued at $575. If this is correct and I calculate a 25% premium
    for toning the coin should realize over $700. Normally this coin would never hit eBay and would
    be sold privately, But I just want to try this.

Link anyone

Nick
  • Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is the link. to a beautiful Roosie image

Ken
  • Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craig,

I think they have done a great job in catching up. I have a blast white 1948-S in7fb, but I don't think 325.00 is going to pry it out of my hands for a while. I paid a little more for my 64 in 7fb than the suggested price guide.

Ken
  • Options
    Nick,
    so far the price has climbed pretty good from a buck start
    Tim
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • Options
    Tim, Compare my 54D 67FB pop 15 to the Heritage 49S 67FB pop 11 that is already at $2K with the juice.
    This coin is one of the prittiest Roosies I have seen and IMHO nicer then the Heritage 49S. It was
    in my personal collection and I pulled it out and replaced it with a white one to match the set. I probably
    shouldn't be selling the coin. Its just to nice for eBay. I really expect it to go over $700 and maybe closer
    to a grand. One thing for sure is someone will get a nice coin.

Nick
  • Options
    Nick, I'm a little confused, if the coin will sell for more than the price guide why put it on e-bay. Do you believe the prices are still to low? I have to admit its' a beautiful coin and should sell for more than the guide just don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. Fred
  • Options
    Fred, A coin like this would easily sell privately, But then there would be no record of a sell. The PCGS
    price guide should reflect the value of an average coin for the date. The 25% premiun for toning I was
    figuring is way to low. But as a test if this coin sells for over $700 (and I expect it to) it would add
    validity to the values listed in the price guide. I would have been asking $1000 for this coin privately.
    Every now and then I put up some better date and or high end Roosies on eBay as a guide for values.
    I want to be comfortable with my pricing when I sell a coin and this is one way I test it. I usually place
    a high reserve on a coin like this and what ever it gets to is the number I use to evaluate what I would
    sell the coin for. In this case I just said "what the heck" let it ride. I felt the timing was right and the
    interest would be there. You have to admit its being well promoted.

Fred, What do you think its worth?.

Nick
  • Options
    Nick, I am the first to admit that I am the conservative of the Roosey group. When the new price guide came out I was a little surprised at the pricing because up to now I was not willing to pay more than a couple of hundred dollars for most of these coins. I have always believed you were on the high side of the Roosey scale, and now will admit that I was wrong. It is now apparent to me that you bring a certain expertise to the series that we can all benefit from. I am only a long time collector and always try to err on the side of caution, and have done very well with it. To answer your question I think it will sell for at the very least nine hundred dollars, and is a very beautiful coin and is worthy of a better forum than e-bay. Fred
  • Options
    I noticed that they skipped pricing for the 51-FB, is this an oversight or is there something up with this date?
  • Options
    Frank, Its an oversight. I e-mailed DH about it and he replied it will be fixed soon.

Fred, Thanks for the great compliment. I enjoy working with all the Roosie collectors.
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    "It is now apparent to me that you bring a certain expertise to the series that we can all benefit from."

Please, please, please, never say things like this (danger of "bigheadus" disease in San Diego).imageimage
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    Bill your a riot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image:image
  • Options
    Looks like the 54d has a lot of interest with time left
    maybe they will have to adjust the guide after this sell.
    very nice dime Nick, I may have to try a snip
    Timimage
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • Options
    Well it looks like it sold for $710.00, I thought it would bring more. I had already shot my wad for the month but someone recieved a very nice coin Link
  • Options
    Hmmmm...

In the words of the great Frank Zappa, " Is that a real poncho?, or is that a Sears poncho??"
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    I'll betcha it WOULD have brought more if ebay hadn't had a bidding probelm about then....I know in another post there was mre than a little anguish about the "outage".......cool coin though!
    Craig
  • Options
    Craig,

You are absolutely correct about the coin going for more. image

Now will anyone fess up and state they bought the 1949-P MS68FB for $8337.50 including the juice. image

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Butch
  • Options

<< <i>can someone please tell me why it is so hard to get my hands on a PCGS 1973-S Roosevelt in PR69DCAM???????????????????? I've been looking for WEEKS.....ebay...Heritage....DHRC.....David Lawrence...R & I.....Cameo CC.....

nothing.

Any suggestions...please let me know.

Regards,

Toby Leach >>

PM sent.
  • Options
    Butch, It sure wasn't me. I was out after the second day it was listed. To tell you the truth
    I thought it was you....

Nick
  • Options
    Nick,

It wasn't me. I bowed out at $6500.00. It seems that at least two other people were willing to go higher. I wonder who???image

Butch
  • Options
    Butch, If you bowed out and I bowed out then something's not right. Heres the
    Link to the auction. Notice there are only 3
    bidders listed. The coin ended with the internet bid at $8337 with juice. You
    were one of the bidders and I was one of the bidders. Who was the 3rd bidder
    bidding against?.

Nick
  • Options
    Nick,

Only thing I can think of is maybe there was a reserve at $7250.00 that wasn't put into effect untill I was done bidding. but who knows.

I think for the money, I would rather pay a few more bucks and get your (old)46-P in NGC MS69* image

Butch
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't me , I have a better one!!image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Wasn't me , I have a better one!!"

DITTO HERE image

Interesting assessment of the auction also - I might ask Heritage about it, next time I speak with them.

Wondercon
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Well it looks like Tim purchased the 1949-P ms-68 Fb. This could be late news but I just found out. Its' in his new set 1946 to now Roosey set.
  • Options
    Bushmaster - i don't see no poncho