Home Q & A Forum
Options

Would PCGS Consider Adding PL/DMPL Designation to AU Morgan Dollars ??

StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi David: Would PCGS consider adding the PL/DMPL designations for high grade AU Morgan Dollars, if the coin's field reflectivity is preserved enough to qualify for those PCGS designations?

As you know NGC already uses these designations for coins which qualify for their PL/DMPL standards, and also allows them to be entered into their PL/DMPL registry sets (which only allow PL/DMPL coins).

I have a specific reason for asking, which makes an interesting case in point. I have a PL/DMPL 1892-O Morgan Dollar which I am considering submitting to PCGS for certification. As I'm sure you are aware, the 1892-O is one of the toughest of all Morgan Dollars to get in PL/DMPL condition. I think that the coin may actually be a slider, which may grade AU-58, but I'd sure like to get the PL/DMPL designation from PCGS so that the coin would qualify for my PL/DMPL Morgan Registry Set.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"

Comments