Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

i need help with some cions"

it was my grandma i have morgan one dollar.1921 and it look like a D 1882 S 1891 O 1891 no letter 1889 no letter. I also have peace dollar 1921 no letter and 1922 S. A 1946 dime 1961 liberty half dollar and a few indian pennies late 1800 to early 1900. plus some others can anyone tell me if they have any idea what they are worth please let me know. thanks.

Comments

• Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum.

Everyone is going to tell you that condition is everything. We need pictures to give you a WAG on value.

Cheers,

Bob

P.S. Turn on your "Private Message" feature. If you're interested in selling, I'd be interested in buying.
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Yes, welcome, and I just want to second what Outhaul said...the condition is key. And if you're not really into coins, it can be difficult to accurately judge the condition or "grade" of a coin.

For example, when a coin collector say a coin is in "good" condition, that simply means that it meets a list of specific criteria regarding the amount of wear, etc., on the coin, and is not necessarily what the average person would call "good."

Maybe you could post some pictures if you have a scanner or digital camera?

• Options
    Thanks for replying so quickly. you need to see pictures.The good news is I have a digital camera the bad news is I dont know ho to get the photos on to your message board. thanks again and any help will be appriciated. thanks and god bless.
  • Options
    Pics needed The 1961 liberty half are you sure its not a franklin half. Don't clean them
    "Freedom of speech is a great thing.Just because you can say anything does not mean you should.
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    E-mail the pics to me and I'll post them for you.

outhaul@yahoo.com

Cheers,

Bob
  • Options
    i am not sure on the front is the bell on the bback is a man with wavey long hair. I dont know the difference i am not into coin the only thing i do with them is spend. thanks again.
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    jeez dudes, give the guy a break....

look, the value of those coins is about a 95% chance of being between $50 & $75.

oh, & welcome to the forum!

K S
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    Welome Niesha!

Perhaps you could tell us which coins look like they have been circulated/spent and display wear? And which, if any, look like they were just minted and have not been circulated yet?
  • Options
    The obverse is the front the reverse is the back the man is franklin on the obv the liberty bell is on the rev. 1961 franklin half dollar.
    "Freedom of speech is a great thing.Just because you can say anything does not mean you should.
  • Options
    i guess they are all old they was just in a box in the basement among old things.they are not new onesbut the engravings on them are not worn out but they look dirty.
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    the dirty look you speak of may be what we call toning here.
    does the dirt on them have different colors?
    anyway,sounds like the most vaulable coin you have there is the 1921 peace dollar,
    but i could be wrong about that too.
    send pics via email to someone here and they can post them.
    ps.try to get close ups with good focus.
    also,welcome to the boards
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    Neisha, if the coins have been noticeably circulated and worn, here are some approximate values for them (they might be worth more or less):

1921-D dollar $9
    1882-S dollar $10
    1891-o dollar $10
    1891 dollar $10
    1921 Peace Dollar $50 to $75
    1922-S dollar $8
    1946 dime 40 cents
    1961 liberty half dollar $2
    indian pennies : depending upon the dates and condition, which could make a BIG difference: 50c and up each
  • Options
    thanks you all were very helfull. god bless all of you.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    "1961 liberty half dollar $2"

The silver content alone is worth over $2.50.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    I'd be interested in the 1921-D peace dollar and the 1922-S peace dollar.
  • Options
    some of the dirt look like blue. some look a little brown like mud and some look like black inbetweet the grooves. the 1949 franklin halflook silver on brown. some of the kennedy which i have twenty of look like silver.especially the 1964 and67 .
  • Options
    It'd probably be best if you take some close up pictures of all the coins and then e-mail them to one of the members here. We could guess all day on grading from words, but with pics we could give you a much better idea on value.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file