Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

the most beaten card ive ever seen in my whole life

Comments

• that card looks like it was the victim of a murderous knife attack!
  • AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    I have a handful of cards that could rival (if not pass) that card in "fugliness". Some of them even have penmarkings on them to further decrease their visual appeal.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.

• << <i>I have a handful of cards that could rival (if not pass) that card in "fugliness". Some of them even have penmarkings on them to further decrease their visual appeal.
    image >>

hhaha this one has blue marker circling the numbers on the back had to be a young kids card. dont know how i got it, but its basically crumbling in my hands, damn shame to woulda been a nice '76 1000 yard oj simpson
  • I have a stack of old football cards that the original owner (some 12 year old kid in 1968) took the time to write on the top of each card "good" or "bad".. meaning the player was either a good player or a bad player? i got a laugh out of it, as the guys whole collection appeared to be labeled the same way.. anyway, a few of them are now in my collection.. i just liked the thought of some kid sitting up at night with his stack of Topps cards, admiring them, and labeling the ones he thought were "good" or "bad".. heh
  • Yeah, that card is pretty nice. When are you submitting it for grading?
    I am looking for Nolan Ryan cards, esp. OPC and rare oddball issues, graded or not. Also I need quite a few 1956 Topps, PSA 6 or higher

Current Sets in Progress:
    1956 Topps Master Set PSA 6 or better
    1978 Topps PSA 9 or 10
    1981 Donruss Golf PSA 9 or 10
    1989 Upper Deck PSA 9 or 10
    Nolan Ryan Master Set
    Pete Rose Master Set

• << <i> I have a stack of old football cards that the original owner (some 12 year old kid in 1968) took the time to write on the top of each card "good" or "bad".. meaning the player was either a good player or a bad player? i got a laugh out of it, as the guys whole collection appeared to be labeled the same way.. anyway, a few of them are now in my collection.. i just liked the thought of some kid sitting up at night with his stack of Topps cards, admiring them, and labeling the ones he thought were "good" or "bad".. heh >>

thats really funny i remember doing the samething to some of my cards good times haha image

<< <i>Yeah, that card is pretty nice. When are you submitting it for grading? >>

haha im sure if i sent that card into psa theyd laugh it all the way back to my address image
  • sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    That card looks like it has spent a night or two out in the elements. Only to have been save by someone who either really liked OJ, or thought this OJ must be worth something. image
  • Man someone sure was pissed off at "THE JUICE"
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking that it belonged to Marcia Clark at one point..................
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Maybe it will end up a PRO 2.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • I didnt think PRO went lower than 6. image
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I didnt think PRO went lower than 6. >>

Keith
    Neither did I - here is a potentially honest guy who didn't do his homework before submitting a card to Pro.
    I think I could of whacked this one up to an 8!

Mike