Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

All-Time NFL Rushers Set - question

I was just looking at the Top 20 All-Time rushers.

Why isn't Joe Perry included in the All-Time Rushers set?

At what point are new members added?
Corey Dillon has broken into the top 20 now, and should finish the season with over 9,000 career yards. How soon before he's added?

Comments

• Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    I agree that Joe Perry should be included, along with Steve Van Buren and Lenny Moore. T

he answer is, when the set was first uploaded, it was arbitrarily chosen (presumably by the set requestor or by Joe. O.) who should be included. There were some 10,000 yard rushers included, and some not; and there were some with less than 10,000 yards included. After that, someone requested a 10,000 yard rushers set (sixdart, I think). The registry powers that be decided that it was too similar to the all-time rushers set, so they would just add in the missing 10,000 yard rushers to the existing set, and would add new players as they reached 10,000 yards. I think Ottis Anderson, Ricky Watters, and Curtis Martin were added right away, and Eddie George once he got to 10,000 (actually a little before that, IIRC).

So anyway, Dillon will be added once he reaches 10,000. If someone wants other players added, e-mail BJ and she'll poll the registrants.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Thanks.

So the set is something of a HOF RB and 10,000 yd hybrid. That makes sense.

I wasn't sure if Eddie George went into the set once he was approaching 10K yds or if it was once he cracked into the top 20 rushers. In any event, barring injury, Dillon should be there next season some time.
  • Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    Dillon will likely be next, but then again I thought Terrell Davis would be next a few years ago. After Dillon on the active list is Hearst, but I don't see him getting another 2100 yards. Next is Priest Holmes, who looks like a lock right now even though he's 2700 yards away. If they stay healthy, Dillon will hit 10,000 next year and Priest in 2006.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I would add Terrell Davis and Jamal Lewis to the All-Time Rushers set. 2000 yards in a season is such a milestone that anyone who reaches it should be unquestionably considered an All-Time Great IMO.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    If you feel strongly about a player, present it to BJ and she will poll the existing set members. These sets are not written in stone.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion