Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

I deicided on going for the 51 Red Back set!

Any help would be appreciated in terms of what condition to look for, key cards, total $$ needed. Thanks!

Jon
Hof Collector!

PSA Set Registry: Pristine Machine

Wantlist:
Football:
1935 Chicle
1948 leaf
1952 Bowman mini
**1955 topps**

Baseball:
1953 Topps Satchel Paige
Caramel Cards

soccerman034@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    It should be pretty simple to do. What condition are you shooting for? Duke Snider goes for about $300 in PSA 9. PSA 8 commons are $30-$40 for the most part.
  • Options
    was thinking Psa-7-10, saw a spahn for $375 in PSA 9, good price?
    Hof Collector!

Wantlist:
    Football:
    1935 Chicle
    1948 leaf
    1952 Bowman mini
    **1955 topps**

Baseball:
    1953 Topps Satchel Paige
    Caramel Cards

soccerman034@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Jon,

I'd reduce your grade range to 8-9, 10's are few and far between and will go for $1000+ to the top guys in the registry. 8's are fairly common, and many times you can even get 9's for below book. Be patient, don't pull the trigger on a bunch of Buy it Now's until you see the going rate on cards like Spahn and Snider. Those two are the most common stars available. There are about 6 tough commons. Just look at the registry, almost everyone is missing them in 9. Bell, Boone and Eddie Robinson are some of the toughest 9's. I think the last Bell 9 went for 300-400.

If you are buying raw, be very careful of minor surface wrinkles on the backs. These are hard to detect at first but will immediately drop you to a 6.

Shameless plug....I have a very nicely centered Berra 8. I'd like to get $235 for it, I just upgraded to a 9.

Thanks and good luck
    Looking for:
    1953 Topps in PSA 8
    1941 Playball in PSA 8.
    1952-1955 Red Man cards in 7 and 8
    1950 Bowman in PSA 8
  • Options
    With the large volume of authentic unopened material that was available many years ago, I am sure that some is still floating around. Has anyone opened any of these and have any results to report? Seems with the PSA 8 & 9 prices, this must be driving the pack prices up which at one time you couldn't give them away. Great set which I have raw and will do graded some day. But for anybody that wants to do the set, I think you have to own a few panels even if for type only. Boy are those cool.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    Hof Collector!

Wantlist:
    Football:
    1935 Chicle
    1948 leaf
    1952 Bowman mini
    **1955 topps**

Baseball:
    1953 Topps Satchel Paige
    Caramel Cards