Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Chicago Sun-Times Sport Show coming up

Sun-Times Sport Show

Seems to be a nice selection of players attending this year. Clemens, Randy Johnson, George Brett, Kerry Wood, Joe Montana and others. Keep it in mind and bring your high limit credit cards, according to what the players are charging!

Wick

Enjoy collecting vintage baseball cards, memorabilia and autos

Comments

• Options
    Aparicio for $25 and Fergie Jenkins for $29 are not too bad . . . but it will be a cold day in hell before I spend $199 for the privilege of waiting in line for Roger Clemens to sign my ball.

Overall, it's a nice selection of players - I was particularly surprised to see that Brett will be there.
    POTD = 09/03/2003
  • Options
    I always find the price ranges interesting too. When I look at the names involved at these shows, I usually am always wrong at who would have the highest price.

Randy Johnson also had a strange note that he wont sign a jersey unless at least 5 people have already signed that jersey. I wonder what that is all about?
  • Options
    Speaking of strange conditions: why won't Havlicek sign jerseys or numbers?

How are prices determined? I know it isn't any more difficult to sign your name, so the only thing I can guess, is that the promoter/athlete is trying to get a larger cut of higher ticket items.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
  • Options
    Does Rocket do many shows. Kind of a koo for that show. Wonder if he sells out his time slot. Would be nice to get a cool shot of him signed in that Orange Stros unny.....