Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Not too far to go to the greatest 72 set

Well, I've reached that point, only need about 10 cards more and it will be done, the first 1972 set ever put together in all 9 and 10. This has been a multi-year process but a lot of fun, and I honestly cant believe I'm this close to the finish line.

To those of you that can help me in my quest for that final handful of ones I need, I would be much appreciative.

Thanks,

Eric

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Eric:

Congratulations. Who would have ever thought such a thing possible? The largest Topps set of the era, all in pristine MINT and GEM MINT holders. I'm sure that even advanced collectors can't generally differentiate between many of your 9s and 10s. To have put so much time and effort in such an endeavour is extraordinary, to say the very least. Congratulations - and keep chugging on those last dozen cards or so. You'll be there soon, and will have a set that deserves to be in the PSA Hall of Fame, for sure.

Have you though much about what's next on your horizon? I seem to recall you saying that you weren't terribly interested in upgrading 9s to 10s. Are you going to take a break? Collect something else? Best of luck in any case.

Again, a hearty congratulations!!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Well, my true focus before this was collecting all star and rookie cards in the 70s and all rookie cards of importance in the 50s and 60s in PSA 9. I have pretty much every key rookie now going back to 1956, and have a few earlier like the 49 Snider and Robinson Bowmans. So next up could be the big boys, 55 Clemente, Koufax, etc (I have the Killebrew already) then 54 Aaron, Banks, Kaline. After that, it really starts to get expensive, but someday I'd like to own a Mantle RC in 9 or 10.

Eric
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    Eric,

Looks like a busy week with the Schaal IA, The Jones IA and the Alou card all up on ebay.

What a job you've done with this monster! (Frank and David too!!)

Mark
    MKWsportscards
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Eric, you're a mad man.
  • Options
    Eric,
    Nice job! Finishing a set the way "you want to finish it" is applaudible and remarkable. Just think folks; 787 cards PSA 9 or better. That's a lot of lumber. Eric, your in rare air territory.
    Congrats and best of luck in search of those treasured last few bricks.
    RayBShotz
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    I cant believe nobody has come up w the #94 and #96 Leader cards for me, I figures those would be easy...EO