Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

IKE'S are HOT!!!!!!!

GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
Did you all see where a PCGS MS66 1971-P IKE Dollar sold for $3252 on eBay the other day?

GrandAm image
GrandAm :)

Comments

• Options
    GandyjaiGandyjai Posts: 1,380 ✭✭
    !image!

Gandyjai
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Wowsers! This looks like it could be a really fun series!
  • Options
    Wow!image

I am glad I got all three of my bottom feeder IKE collections completed when I did.image

I may have to be a rich guy to do it now.

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2 cents:

A super cool area for Ikes may become MONSTER DEEP, DEEP CAMEO PR69DCAM specimens. Remember the top grading services do not designate as of yet mild DCAM's (which say DCAM on the holder) and MONSTER DEEP, DEEP CAMEO'S (which say DCAM on the holder). These PR69DCAM specimens with DCAM++++ surfaces are utterly amazing coins and are relatively scarce in some of the dates. Could you imagine what would happen to the various proof series if PCGS ever decided to specially designate the pre-1980's proofs (i.e. coins where super strong DCAM's are not a common occurence) with a special designation for those DCAM++++ specimens. image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wondercoin, I have a few of the PR69DCAM Ikes, and there IS a real difference between some of them. I set them out on my desk one day and I have to disagree that all of them are the same grade. Some have a light/mild DCAM and some are deeper then others.

I imagine that someday PCGS will change the Cam, Dcam designation to add something for the more rich heavier frosted coins.

Its been almost 2 years since PCGS added their last "Designation" to a coin (10c), so they are over do.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul: Agreed. It is always a good thing to be ahead of the move, rather than chasing coins after the move. Smart money was collecting "FB" Roosies YEARS before PCGS added the designation. Ditto for DCAM coins, such as Franklins, etc. Ditto for "hot" Ikes when they were "cold" (e.g. 72(p) Ty 2 Ike in PCGS-MS66 at $4000-$5,000 and available for sale at that level). image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>Did you all see where a PCGS MS66 1971-P IKE Dollar sold for $3252 on eBay the other day?

GrandAm image >>

I have been out of town, and now catching up on the posts. the
    price realized was a little high. however, the coin ( average ms 66 )
    should sell for $ 2,500.00.
    a higher end coin is worth $ 2,800.00 + in my opinion. i don't always buy the highest numerical grade, but only buy the best of the lot in any grade. i usually sell the rest, like everyone else .
  • Options
    Where is the link?
    (PAST) OWNER #1 SBA$ REGISTRY COLLECTOIN
  • Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    pragmaticgoatpragmaticgoat Posts: 836 ✭✭✭
    Impressive
    BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more