Options

GO BOSOX!!!

saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
so I'm OFF TOPIC...sue me!!image

Comments

• Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Would be nice to see them win.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    Has everything to do with coins. I have a fair amount of COIN riding on the sox, and with a world series victory my collection will grow. Also, I distinctly recall seeing a Shilling on display in game 2.

Have a Great Day!
    Louis
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    So far so good. Two more wins and I get to lift some coin buying money from my UPS driver. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>so I'm OFF TOPIC...sue me!!image >>

You'll be hearing from my lawyer. image
  • Options
    You'll be hearing from my lawyer.

Hey, no sympathy here. For crying out loud, I'm a White Sox fan first!! image But always loved the BOSOX.

Anyway, DiMaggio couldn't carry Teddy's jockstrap!image
  • Options

<< <i>You'll be hearing from my lawyer.

Hey, no sympathy here. For crying out loud, I'm a White Sox fan first!! image But always loved the BOSOX.

Anyway, DiMaggio couldn't carry Teddy's jockstrap!image >>

At least Joltin' Joe could carry several WS championships. image
  • Options
    Lets just hope we see the Pedro of old on Tuesday night and they commit less than 4 errors for once!
  • Options
    Yes, Joe won championships...but look at at the support he had. Ted had nobody...but I do not begrudge the great Yankee teams. If you love baseball you have to marvel at what they did. Although, being from Philly originally, there is the "issue" of the 1929/1930 A's!!! Interrupted quite a streak.
  • Options
    Please move this to the open forum. It does not belong here. AGAIN
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Go Yankees...

So far, you're the first Yankees fan to have a little class and offer cangrats to the BoSox (your sig line) and it does not go unnoticed (by me, anyway). I've been dying every year with this team and it's nice to have them finally getting it together.

The Yankees didn't play bad, the Red Sox just played better. I've never seen them so cohesive. It was a terrific ALCS.

Cheers,

Bob
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Please move this to the open forum. It does not belong here. AGAIN >>

I agree that it doesn't.

However, the thread title makes it obvious what this is about -- it's not like someone pretended it was about coins only to be about something else. So why bother clicking into it...unless your only motivation was to play board cop?

I'd much rather read (or skip over) occasional OT threads than hear the whining of self-appointed board cops.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    When is @#$% acceptable? There have been 11 times in history where the “f” word has been considered acceptable:

11. “What the @#$% do you mean, we are sinking?” -- Capt. E.J. Smith of RMS Titanic, 1912

10. “What the @#$% was that?” -- Mayor of Hiroshima, 1945

9. “Where did all these @#$% Indians come from?” -- Custer, 1877

8. “Any @#$% idiot could understand that.” -- Einstein, 1938

7. “It does so @#$% look like her.” -- Picasso, 1926

6. “How the @#$% did you work that out?” -- Pythagoras, 126 BC

5. “You want WHAT on the @#$% ceiling?” -- Michelangelo, 1566

4. “Where the @#$% are we?” -- Amelia Earhart, 1937

3. “Scattered @#$% showers, my ass!” -- Noah, 4314 BC

2. “Aw c’mon. Who the @#$% is going to find out?” -- Bill Clinton, 1998

and a drum roll, please……………………………

1. “Up 3 games to 0…..There is no @#$% way we can lose.” -- Joe Torre, 2004

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options

<< <i>Please move this to the open forum. It does not belong here. AGAIN >>

OK, back OT: in 1918, the last year the Red Sox won it all, four of my favorite coin series were minted: Buffalo Nickel, Mercury dime, Standing Liberty Quarter, Walking Liberty Half.
  • Options
    The BoSox and the Yanks better watch out for the Rays next year! image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    Go Red Sox Go imageimageimage
    Michael
  • Options
    PeetiePeetie Posts: 627 ✭✭
    Come on guys. You know it over til it's over! The curse will kick in soon enough. image
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i> Please move this to the open forum. It does not belong here. AGAIN >>

Spoken like a true Yankees fan. image

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it cannot be the Dodgers then let it be the BoSox.... Thats even switching leagues....image

Ken
  • Options
    You sure you don't mean go BOTOX?
    Mark
  • Options
    I still contend that the Rays are gonna whoop up both the Yanks and the BoSox next year and take the division image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evil is Don Larson or is it Larsen...that was awhile back but still remembered. Not a Yankee hater but probably would root for Cleveland before them.

Ken
  • Options
    Sox Win!! Reverse the Curse is near. Stick a fork in the Cards, they are done!

A Great Day!
    Louis
  • Options
    What are we New Englanders to do now, this could be the end of a traditionimageimageimage
    Michael
  • Options
    A most WELCOME end...image
  • Options
    Only one game left to go!
  • Options
    Enjoy it while you can ... Next time will be in 2080 ... The curse lives on ...
  • Options
    bite me
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>You'll be hearing from my lawyer.

Anyway, DiMaggio couldn't carry Teddy's jockstrap!image >>

At least Joltin' Joe could carry several WS championships. image >>

Actually 2 of the greatest hitters ever to play the game - hard to say who was the "best" - but here's an interesting statistic Joe DiMaggio hit 361 home runs during his 13 year career - he struck out only 369 times in his entire career - nearly 1 home run for every strikeout - an amazing statistic when you think about it - Williams played 19 seasons - hit 521 homers and struck out 709 times - Not many players were ever able to have that kind of hitting precision. Williams was out of Baseball for both WW II and the Koren War for nearly 5 full seasons during his most productive years - probably would have had a shot at Ruth's all time HR record had he been palying during those years, and DiMaggio was similarly out of baseball for 3 full seasons during WW II - also while at the peak of his abilities. 2 of the greatest - as far as DiMaggio carrying Ted's "jockstrap" - I don't think he had the need to
    Collecting eye-appealing Proof and MS Indian Head Cents, 1858 Flying Eagle and IHC patterns and beautiful toned coins.

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.” Mark Twain
    Newmismatist
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    i was hoping a midwest team would win, but didn't realize how bad the cards suck. how the he11 did they get TO the world series??? the cubs would have been better competition than this!

i hope boston kicks their whiny feathered butts tonight!

K S
  • Options
    Hmmm...it took much longer than I expected for this thread to be moved.

Hey Carol...Are you too busy, or just losing your touch...image

Cheers,

Bob