Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

ICCS site - What the ????

I get a blank white screen when I hit the site. Is it just me?

ICCS site

Comments

• Options
    I get a white screen as well. It's not an official site, it was just made to prove a point to ICCS to show them how much business they could rake in if they had a website.

They still apaprently have no plans for an official site. Which is just plain stupid. It's like they don't want more business.
  • Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They still apaprently have no plans for an official site. Which is just plain stupid. It's like they don't want more business. >>

That's a rather ridiculous business plan image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's not an official site, it was just made to prove a point to ICCS to show them how much business they could rake in if they had a website. >>

That's kind of funny! image
  • Options
    bosoxbosox Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭
    My sense of it is that they are understaffed and not into the internet side of things at all. I agree with the previous comments that they don't seem to care about the web site. Also they haven't published a population report since January 2003 (it was a paper report and not online) and seem in no hurry to do another one.

Having said all of that, they are an excellent grading service. Now if they could only do something about those cheesy holders. image
    Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com
  • Options
    image Madness!

Do you have to call a 1-800 number? Where can I get more info?
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    It's like they don't want more business.

I know of several businesses in my area without a web site and they have all the business they can handle. Sometimes things are going smoothly enough that expansion is either not necessary or not potentially profitable enough; sooner or later though they'll have to conform to current business practices. Perhaps they are limited by the number of qualified graders they can find or employ.

Their holders are not bad IMO-much easier to store than the large plastic of the other TPG's but they are more subject to tampering; display is not as satisfactory because I would like to see both sides of the coin...
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,126 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Do you have to call a 1-800 number? Where can I get more info? >>

Ha, that's a good one. Their phone number is (416) 488-8620 FAX (416) 488-6371 Be aware, they don't answer the phone much.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    It's been hacked! I reckon.image
  • Options
    PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Perhaps they are limited by the number of qualified graders they can find or employ.

Ya, I guess there's a limit to how much one person can do image