Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

OT: We bought a new home

Sorry to bring an OT topic but we just got exciting news tonight. The home we placed an offer on was accepted. It is a 1903 stick style Victorian that was recently refrubished. It is quite the house it's full walk-in attic with a beautiful stained glass window.

Comments

• Options
    Congrats, it looks very nice. Is this your first house?
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    Nope....right now we have a home but it also is our place of business. We got tired of living where we work.
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    You've found a real bargain-I love the idea of a walk-in attic!image Eclectic color scheme, wasn't it?
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    sounds wonderful. image 1903?? That would be Edwardian!! image

Link won't let me in. image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    I had to take the images down.....the address was displayed on the page.

Off to the right of the picture...in that direction is the White mountains. You have to drive right through them past Mt. Washington to get to the house. From the second story the view is awesome!!!
  • Options
    I understand not wanting to live where you work. We just bought our first a little over a year ago.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to go detecting in the yard... image

We have the same old dinky mobile home, but yesterday we moved it to our own land, instead of a trailer park. We got two lots out in the country, totaling 1.1 acres. Really nice out there.

(The downside is, I gotta go back to stinkin' dialup out there- no DSL. I am gonna pull my hair out for sure.)

Not that we'll have a computer for a while, anyway. The large computer desk/shelf/hutch unit fell over while they were moving the trailer yesterday, and is totally destroyed- the computer is still lying in the wreckage. Not sure if the monitor got smashed or not.

Right now we're in limbo, staying at my in-laws' house, waiting for the power and water and so on to be hooked up before surveying the wreckage the move wrought inside our home. Once we clear all that up and put everything back in its place, then I will probably enjoy our new location.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Man....sorry to hear about the puter!!! I know about dail-up. We just got DSL on this side of the mountain about 5 months ago. I can't pull anymore hair out...LOL!!!! Yes, I have already been sizing up the yard for a wee bit of detectingimage Good luck to you and your new spaceimage
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats... nice looking home

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    image Congratulations !!! Beautiful place image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>1903?? That would be Edwardian!! >>

News traveled slow back then, Spinaker!! image

Go maire tú an lá! image

Cá bhfuil mo sheomra leapa? image

• Options
    congrats on your new 'crib'! It looks and sounds really nice. I know you will enjoy moving into it - and have fun detecting in the yard - hope you find some goodies!

• Options

<< <i> Cá bhfuil mo sheomra leapa? image >>

Tá sé an seomra suíimage
  • Options
    Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin!

Enjoy!! It looks like a fine abode. image
  • Options
    Congrats on your purchase.
    I aspire to such heights soon.
    Wanted: High grade Irish (Republic of Ireland, not Northern Ireland or British) coins, slabbed and unslabbed. Also looking for Proof and Uncirculated Sets
    PM with info.

Auction Sniper For all your sniping needs. Tell them I sent you and I'll get three free snipes!

e-bay ID= 29john29
  • Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    Way to go Michael!!!!Neat looking place.
    Shep
  • Options
    Awesome house!
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    No fence? image I really like that image
    4 765 of 50 971 (9.35%) complete image

First DAMMIT BOY! 25/9/05 (Finally!)

" XpipedreamR is cool because you can get a bottle of 500 for like a dollar. " - Aspirin

• Options
    Thanks all for the well wishes you folk are the best!

Hey Mac, an áit a bhuil do chroí is ann a thabharfas do chosa thúimage Do gabhar cosán tú toil faighimage
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    Cool house! Around here, anything built before 1984 is considered "old."
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    So, shiroh, you must be considered a rare antique. image
    Dimitri

DPOTD-1
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Mac, an áit a bhuil do chroí is ann a thabharfas do chosa thú Do gabhar cosán tú toil faigh >>

Bleat!! Bleat!!

These would do nicely. image

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, MSD! Good luck.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a house with character...very nice and congratulations. Hopefully your coin budget will survive image.

Cathy

• Options
    I like that dirt road to the left of your place. It's surrounded in nice shrubbery! BONUS! image
  • Options
    Looks very nice, MSD. Congrats! image

• Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Congratulations!!! How far a drive is it from work?
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options

<< <i>Congratulations!!! How far a drive is it from work? >>

Well, it won't be a long one. Right now my wife Susan and I have a home but it is also our business. Basically, we live up stairs and made part of the down stairs our business. We have 5 acres of self storage buildings that we rent. We are getting out of the business, she is going back to school to finish her nursing degree and as for myself this will be my second time retiring...LOL! The house we bought is about an hour away. But that is nothing because there is no traffic gridlock here and is a smooth ride.
  • Options

<< <i>....and as for myself this will be my second time retiring..... >>

More time for the bodhrán, eh lad? image

.......or, of course, you could buy more harp coins in your leisure. Enjoy!! And don't let the wife work to hard. image
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    I love stained glass windows....I had to put one in my house.

Should be some good finds in that yard.