Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Sac registry collectors..........

why has there been such a huge turn around on the 04 D coins? If I remember correctly there are as many if not more D's in MS68 or higher than there has been the last 3 years combined;

MS68 or higher;
01... 64
02... 65
03... 14
04...210 as of 10/20/04.

Thanks

Inxs
"Well here's another nice mess you have gotten me into" Oliver Hardy 1930

BST successful dealings with:MsMorrisine, goldman86

Comments

• Options
    Yea, it would have been nice to see a larger crop of 68's for the 2003-D, which is turning out to be one of the rarest grades in any moderns around!
  • Options
    Mint quality is the answer. I was looking just as hard in 2003, they just were not as nice on avergae.

The mint really stepped it up this year and put out some really nice coins.
    (PAST) OWNER #1 SBA$ REGISTRY COLLECTOIN
  • Options
    The registry has you listed as #4 not #1. Is that not current?image
  • Options
    INXSINXS Posts: 1,202
    DRG is number 4 on the SAC registry but number 1 on the SBA registry.
    "Well here's another nice mess you have gotten me into" Oliver Hardy 1930

BST successful dealings with:MsMorrisine, goldman86
  • Options
    DRG, My aplogies! I must have Sac's on my brain, and not SBA's.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What everybody else said.

I believe I have handled every PCGS-MS69 2004(d) Sac graded thus far. Overall, incredible coins for Denver! Ditto for the MS68's. What a change from 03. A handful of collectors got an opportunity to place a Denver mint MS69 sac in their collections for the first time since the series began for a tiny fraction of the price the (3) other year 2000 MS69 Denver coins have sold for in the past and would be available for today. Ditto for Denver minted state quarters in MS69.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    I think the number of Sacagawea registry sets has been suppressed by the lack of quality material available.

There seems to be almost as much interest in Sacagawea as there is in the Eisenhour dollars.

The Sac dollar is consistantly in second place (in number of listings) on ebay....and the good stuff brings high prices. One closed today (an error, actually) at $3300.

Who knows?
    Sacs may make a climb.
  • Options
    If lack of quality is an issue, why didnt my PCGS MS67 Millenium Sac, along with the ASE in PCGS MS68 sell for $149.99 on the bay of E??? Or is MS67 just not high enough quality? (One would think it is, where there are only 39 graded higher).
    'My name is...... Shakezula, the mic rulah, the old schoola, you wanna trip, I'll bring it to ya.....'
  • Options
    Shakezula,

Your MS 67 Sac Millennium is definetly high quality and should have garnered $150 on E-Bay. The MS 68 is practically non-existent and if one shows up should fetch $1000.00 plus.
    As far as your ASE at MS68, that's another story. Most collectors want their ASE MS set in all MS69's.
    Besides, there appears to be enough inventory at this point.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Your MS 67 Sac Millennium is definetly high quality and should have garnered $150 on E-Bay"

My sell price today on this coin is $115 and I have several coins in stock. I was buying the coins on ebay for less than $75 a year or so ago. IMHO, the coin is steady in the MS67 grade and in great demand in the MS68 grade.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Mitch, I might have been over zealous somewhat in expressing the $150 range for MS67 Sac Millennium but it is not out of the ballpark at that price . The last two on E-Bay went for $137.00 and $208.00 ( included MS69 ASE). Your $115 price is good. I'll contact you.