Home Sports Talk

Jerry rice a Seahawk!

eat that eagles fans as old as he is he can still play! this will make the seahawks that much better!

Comments

• I like Jerry Rice, but dang dude, give it up. It's time for shuffleboard and deep sea fishing. He's got his ring's, nothing more to do.
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    freaking take Tim Brown, Joey Gallopus and Charlie Glass Garner with you! Where the freak is Joe J???

JS
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I thought your cowboys were the team the EAGLES should fear?

Not interested.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    I love the playing career of Jerry Rice.

But now old man Rice and the Birds doesn't sound as a good move to me. I'll pass.

aconte
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Michael Irvin said it best...all Rice is going to do is take away catches from a young receiver. The man should hang it up...he's had a brilliant (some say best) career ever, but when you get traded for a SEVENTH ROUNDER you should know you aren't welcome anywhere.

Jerry...just go home! You can't play anymore...there's a reason you haven't had a catch 2 of the last 3 games! You can't beat coverages, you can't get seperation, you can't get over secondaries...why don't you know when to quit?
  • I don't think he will make much of an impact directly, but maybe he can teach Koren how to hold on to the football, once he returns from his upcoming suspension image
  • You're all wrong. Rice can still play, play well that is. He has stayed in shape since Day 1 and continues to do so. He is the best reicever ever and if thrown to on a regular basis he could still be pro bowl bound. It's obvious... just last year he had over 800 yards. That's with the sorry @$$ group of QB's the Raiders have too. So now... moving into Seattle and with Koren's suspension he should get soem time to shine. I hope he pulls off a nice 100+ yard game. Just how everyone is saying for Emmitt to go when he had a 100+ yard game a couple weeks ago. People shouldn't be hoping OR wanting them to leave... they have legacies. Let them continue to build. Just because your favorite players won't amount to anything near these guys.
    http://www.kardkollector.cjb.net/

Amos Zereoue ('99 RC - Steelers/Raiders)
    Avon Cobourne ('03 RC - Lions)
    Quincy Wilson ('04 RC - Falcons)

• << <i>You're all wrong. Rice can still play, play well that is. He has stayed in shape since Day 1 and continues to do so. He is the best reicever ever and if thrown to on a regular basis he could still be pro bowl bound. It's obvious... just last year he had over 800 yards. That's with the sorry @$$ group of QB's the Raiders have too. So now... moving into Seattle and with Koren's suspension he should get soem time to shine. I hope he pulls off a nice 100+ yard game. Just how everyone is saying for Emmitt to go when he had a 100+ yard game a couple weeks ago. People shouldn't be hoping OR wanting them to leave... they have legacies. Let them continue to build. Just because your favorite players won't amount to anything near these guys. >>

If half the guys in the NFL had Rice's dedication & work ethics it would be a different game.

You can keep you Eli Mannings!!image

Skip
    I'll take the cards & flowers when I'm living and the BS when I'm dead!

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
    TUSTIN CA
    There's a difference between being in shape and being able to play.

Does anyone think for a minute if Rice was getting open and getting seperation they wouldn't throw to him? Come on now, quite being so gullible.

I don't wish ill will on anyone (well, except maybe Bonds), but Rice really needs to hang it up.

If anyone thought he was still a viable option, why was Oakland only able to get a 7th rounder for him?

He's had a marvelous career, but it's over.
  • kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Raiders dont have a stellar qb right now either. Rice will help seattle in a big way. then he will retire.
    Rice just can't give up the NFL lifestyle...not a knock on the guy, living in the limelight for so long, it's got to be hard to let go....but the man is simply being selfish in taking away catches from a much more talented (now) receiver group in Seattle.