Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

It's Official, The Halloween 2004 Great Pumpkin Coin Swap is underway-SEE PAIRINGS!

Hey everyone,
I have been approached by several people that have said they really like the swaps I organize. I would publicly like to say
"Thank you" to each and every one of you. I have been asked to organize another one. So far things have gone relatively well
but let me say that when we do hold a swap of any value, whether it's $30.00 or $3000.00 we MUST use our heads when we try
to place a value on what we are sending. This is especially true when it comes to "raw" coins. First of all we MUST know how to
accurately grade our own coins. For me, it's really not that difficult because I submit a lot of Unc coins and MUST pre-grade them to determine whether or not any given coin is worth the cost of submission. Circulated coins are much easier to grade and is best summed up in ONE WORD....PHOTOGRADE.

Now the LAST thing we need is hard feelings because someone feels like they didn't get their money's worth. So, I say, "If in doubt, add some more." and ask yourselves, "How would I feel if I received this in trade for "X" amount of money"? Sort of the old, seemingly forgotten "Golden Rule".. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.", Treat everybody with dignity and respect...the way YOU would like to be treated.

Now, to the receivers, let's keep it real. First off, don't put undue stress, requests or demands on your partner. If he or she doesn't have what you collect or want or , in some cases, cannot afford or find yourself, DON'T expect them to. If you are dis-satisfied by what you receive (I can hardly imagine this) then be MAN enough to communicate with him or her even after the swap!

Look, this is supposed to be a FUN THING! This IS NOT a get rid of what you no longer want deal with the hopes that your partner will send some real nice coins while you send a bunch of junk. ARE WE ALL ON THE SAME PAGE HERE??

NOW I HAVE SOMETHING A LITTLE DIFFERENT TO ADD HERE, SO LISTEN UP.! To avoid ill feelings and getting jipped, #1- If you are new here and no one knows you...FORGET ABOUT IT! THERE WILL BE NO ANONYMOUS RECIVERS THAT GET AND SPLIT...GOT IT? #2- Consider the terms almost the same as a sale or an auction. If you feel like you've been cheated or sent junk or problem coins, you FIRST take it up with your partner and if this fails you make me aware of it, then as arbitrator/ co-ordinator, I say, If you cannot come to terms then you each send every piece back to each another. I will not condone all this cry baby BS!!! ARE WE CLEAR? If you are unable to conduct yourselves ethically and work with your partner, we will then come HERE- to this very Forum and hash it out. I would hope that it never comes to this. IT'S JUST PLAIN COMMON SENSE, PEOPLE. TREAT EACH OTHER WELL AND GIVE AS YOU WOULD EXPECT TO RECEIVE AND THEN ADD AN EXTRA-OK!! If, for example, someone wants to have a $500 certified coin swap, I do not have a problem with this at all. In a case such as this you do NOT go by Trends or the PCGS Price Guide but by real world figures easily found in the Heritage archives(for example)

OK...with that being said, start signing up NOW and when you do KNOW that in MY SWAPS there is a MINIMUM of $50. If you have a problem with this, feel free to speak up and I will do what I can to accomodate you. When you sign up, know that this is a $50 minimum swap and if you want to go higher...or lower, write it in your declaration....specifically higher because what I will then do is try to pair people up according to their votes/ wants/ capabilities...OK? OK!! Any question, use the PM. I'm not hard to find.

SO, IT'S ON...THE OFFICIAL 2004 BOOM'S HALLOWEEN SWAP. SIGN UP AND SPREAD THE WORD......GOOD DAY ALL!! image

Comments

• Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    keep this on top for a while, please.ttt
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boom,
    Count me in.
    Mike
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    Please include me image

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll play this time. Sign me up. I like toned coins......raw mostly, but am working on a Dansco type set.......mostly down to the bust and seated stuff(I don't look for these coins from swaps), although my Barbers(25c and 50c) and large cents could use an upgrade from the F-G I have now....not looking fer key date stuff either.
    imageimage

• Options
    LouieLouie Posts: 1,132
    Boom, sign me up. It has been a while since I entered one of these and would go for more than $50.00 if that is okay with you. If you need any help on this swap, just holler. Louie
  • Options
    Cool, Sign me up!!!! I am looking for MS 64 Morgans. Trying to stay in the $100 range... THX!!!
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    asnovellasnovell Posts: 415 ✭✭
    Hey, count me in.
    Andy
  • Options
    OK...today is just the 14th. Halloween is 2 weeks away. Let's all get out there and recruit some known QUALITY swappers.

Let's make this a good one.image
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    I think I can save up enough pennies in 2 weeks to join this swap.
  • Options
    COUNT ME IN BOOM image
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    I would like to be involved what do I need to do?
  • Options
    Hey Great One. Welcome. You have just taken the first step. Read the post (My post at the top of this page) When everyone is signed in I'll explain the rest. What is written above basically sums up the ground rules. Any questions, you know how to reach me!image
  • Options
    What say we make the deadline Thursday night at 9:00PM CDT that way we can get our packages together and in the mail by the following Monday so that everyone will have their goodies by Friday the 29th/ Sat the 30th at the latest?imagettt
  • Options
    Sounds good to me!
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

• Options
    LouieLouie Posts: 1,132
    That is just fine with me, Boom. You go guy. Louie
  • Options
    OK boy and girls, it's Showtime. I do believe we have and even 10. Review the rules while I make the pairings. I'll be right back!image
  • Options
    OK!! It's official the Halloween 2004- Great Pumpkin Coin Swap is hereby declared underway. The rules have pretty well been
    gone over at the top of this thread. It looks like we have a seasoned bunch of swappers. The MINIMUM is $50.00, if however, you want to do more for each other there is absolutely nothing stopping you. With that being said, the Official pairings are as follows:

B00M (that's ME) swaps with Ctgreatone and vice versa
    Michael Dixon swaps with GaCoinGuy and vice versa.
    Louie swaps with Phut and vice versa
    MOJO swaps with Bunker and vice versa
    Asnovell swaps with Eyoung and vice versa.

OK, that's it. Everyone take responsibility communicating with your partner. Advise him of the pairings, discuss preferences etc. Let's do our best to make this the best one yet! Let's do what we have to do to get your items out...say, the latest by Monday afternoon so that hopefully each others' items will have changed hands by Saturday! OK? Let's get it on!
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I've shipped my trade out!
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    Mine will go out on Monday ......enjoy!
  • Options
    I'm like a kid at Christmas. ctgreatone, yours will leave Monday/ Tuesday at the latest!image
  • Options
    Mine's going out today....asnovell should receive it either tues or wed.!!!!!!

• Options
    I still haven't been able to make contact with my swap partner image

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    Bunker,
    I still haven't been able to make contact with my swap partner
    If you can't contact him, I'm always up for another swap!
    Mike
  • Options
    Got my swap package to MD in the mail today......Hoping he'll find something he likes in there.

Got his package to me yesterday.....A nice Ty1 1913 Buffalo, a blue toned 64 Roosie with full bands, a nifty little coin with a camel on it(can't identify cause I can't find my Krause), and a super sweet 64 2 center that is a nice upgrade to my Dansco.
    imageimage

• Options
    Got my package from GaCoinGuy this morning! Outstanding swap!
    I shipped out the package to Bunker this morning, also.
  • Options
    Anyone ever wonder how hard it is to try to decide what a coin dealer might like to get in a swap......? It ain't easy. image
    imageimage

• Options
    I shipped my packages to MICHAELDIXON and mojoman on Wednesday

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    As of 11/3/04 nothing has shown from my swap partner. Please email me to advise..
    Andy
  • Options
    Hi, I have still not gotten the coins from eyoung429 for this swap. Please advise.. Thanks! Andy
    Andy
  • Options
    Poor Andy is ALWAYS getting screwed. Man what's the deal here? I'll get to the bottom of this, I assure you.
  • Options
    Andy let me know if he contacts you. He answered my PM, I asked him to contact you. I'd like to know if he has.
  • Options
    Trust me, nobody is trying to screw Andy. I had the package go out but insured only. I am going to make good with a cash payment to Andy and try and file for lost mail. Is there a way to track using the numeric code on the insurance tag?

• Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Eyoung,
    If it was insured for $51 someone has to sign for it. 50 and under they don't. You can track it.

Asnovell, I had a package sit in the post office for 4 weeks before they realized it was for me. They said if I'm expecting something and it is not there in 5 days.. ask.
    I've traded with eyoung. When he says it's on its way....it is, and he posted that it went out Oct 25
  • Options
    I have gone ahead and given Andy monetary compensation for his swap. The package was insured for over $100..I just hope it turns up, the walker in it is very beautiful.

• Options
    Hi everyone, I got the Walker today at the Post Office. Thanks, it's great!! I will be sending your money back later today. Again, Thanks!!
    Andy
  • Options
    Earl, no one implied that YOU personally did anything wrong or tried to screw anyone. You know I was polite to you and made a simple request which obviously you have done and for that, I thank you.image

I know firsthand that you cannot track insured mail. The USPS can internally but we cannot. I had an insured package sent to a military installation that conveniently got lost, in all likelihood where the Postman made his drop at the base. Anyway, the USPS admitted that they lost it. That the trail went cold right there at the gate and so they made good on the claim.

The only way to track your mail is to download the free USPS click-n-ship program to your computer, create your own labels with track and confirm delivery or signature confirmation numbers.

If you use paypal they offer this as well but for a small fee. On items under $50.01 I find it works best to use signature confirmation otherwise the Red decal/ stamp that says "Insured" is like a big old bullseye that just as soon say "Steal me". When the Postal carrier sees that the label is electronically traceable with signature confirmation believe me He or She will have second thoughts about stealing.

It's a fact that there are some postal employeees, especially in the sorting room, that look for items of value to steal. They have been caught onn tape and shown more than once on programs such as 60 minutes. PROTECT YOURSELVES EVERY WAY YOU CAN Especially at this time of the year.

Believe me, I DO know what I am talking about as I am good friends with everyone at my Post Office, from my carriers to the counter workers, to the supervisor of the sorting room all the way to the Post Master himself. They all know me very well.image
  • Options
    Trust me Boom, I did NOT take it personally...... I love these swaps.....I just hated the lag and wait for the coin to get to Andy...... I am doing tracking on ALL my shipments from now on!!!!!

I am ready for another one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Again I want to thank EYoung for this coin.. Very Very nice.. Thx! Andy
    Andy