Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

When did Ebay start adding bidder questions to listings?

Scroll down towards the end

Is this something that is done automatically or only with the approval of the seller?

Whatever the case, great idea!

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, its a good idea, it's been going on for a few weeks now. Some dipstick put my question up on one of his auctions, He said he was new at consigning cards and he had a ton of auctions for them up and he had outrageous starting bids so I told him to start them much lower, he cut the bids in half and out of like 100 cards he still got zero bids. I like it and its great for the sellers so they don't have to answer the same question 15 times.
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    it's good for buyers too - the more info the better. I think it's a great idea -
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    I noticed it too.

Does the question show up if you don't reply? I can see where someone could try to sabotage an auction with a lot of loaded questions.
  • Options
    When the question is sent to you through Ebay, it gives you the option button to respond to that question. If you answer it this way, both the question and your answer will be posted on your/their auction. If you don't want the q/a posted just hit 'reply' on your mail toolbar.

Wick

Enjoy collecting vintage baseball cards, memorabilia and autos
  • Options
    There is a box that you have to check in order for the question to be viewed on the listing. It is purely up to the seller whether it is seen. You can also reply, through ebay, without the question displaying as well. It has been going on for a couple of months now. image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    I dig it. I tend to ask ridiculous questions (do you accept pennies?) hoping
    they'll click the "respond" button. image