Home Sports Talk
Options

ATLANTA BRAVES! ??????

HOW FREAKING SORRY IS THIS TEAM?? 13 STRAIGHT DIVISION TITLES! 1 RING AND GET CRUSHED IN PLAYOFFS EVEY YEAR? IM SORRY BUT IT HAS TO BE SAID!!! THEY ARE LOSERS JUST LIKE THE BILLS!

Comments

• Options
    CAPS LOCK AGAIN HAVE YOU BEEN imageimage ?

Just kidding Kuhlmann, I agree with you on the Braves. People don't follow them much during the regular season because they expect them to get to the postseason. People don't follow them much during the postseason because they expect them to lose the first round. I thought this year was different due to all the younger players on the team, although they may not have the experience, they should have that "hunger". Chipper's BA in the first 3 games still remains a Blutarsky-like 0.0 image

Brian
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Brian
    No Beer tonite! just lol at the braves! they are a non postseason winning team! sorry if your a fan but 1 in 13 or 14 years would make me crazy!
  • Options
    Now I know a mets fan isn't talking about the braves!
    And last I checked...atlanta wasn't eliminated?
    Clemens will BE ROCKED tommorow.
    watch
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options
    They have won only one World Series, but their record in the other playoffs is pretty good.

Record in Division playoffs 6-3
    Record in League Championship series 5-4

Not exactly getting crushed.

Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    man these guys are not dying yet! Two major comebacks, the Astro's have to be wondering what they
    have to do to win! Smoltz is a beast!

JS
  • Options
    That will end tonight, and Smoltz will go back to work on that wonderful golf game of his. As well, all we ever hear about is 13 straight division titles--sorry, but I'm here to set the record straight. The Montreal Expos were CRUSHING the Braves in 94, so they've actually only won 10 straight--94 goes to the Spos.
    Next year this team will be dimantled and hopefully we'll see the last of the 2nd highest most overhyped, over-rated manager in baseball history (Bobby Cox), who is right behind Mr. 200 Million Joe Torre.
    Jay
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That will end tonight, and Smoltz will go back to work on that wonderful golf game of his. As well, all we ever hear about is 13 straight division titles--sorry, but I'm here to set the record straight. The Montreal Expos were CRUSHING the Braves in 94, so they've actually only won 10 straight--94 goes to the Spos.
    Next year this team will be dimantled and hopefully we'll see the last of the 2nd highest most overhyped, over-rated manager in baseball history (Bobby Cox), who is right behind Mr. 200 Million Joe Torre.
    Jay >>

I completely agree. The '94 Expos were six up and a far superior team. It was a travesty that MLB didn't officially award division champions.
  • Options

<< <i>That will end tonight, and Smoltz will go back to work on that wonderful golf game of his. As well, all we ever hear about is 13 straight division titles--sorry, but I'm here to set the record straight. The Montreal Expos were CRUSHING the Braves in 94, so they've actually only won 10 straight--94 goes to the Spos.
    Jay >>

An Expos fan with a Vlad avatar - I understand your bitterness, but don't take it out on the Braves. This team was expected to only win 86.5 games this year and bow down to the Phillies image. Regardless of what happens tonight, they did better than expected.

Brian
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game over, ASTROS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image

Steve
  • Options
    Skipmylou11??
    May i laugh now?? way to show up for game 5 at home!! 13 years 1 worls series title! that has to go down as the worst record in playoff history! sorry braves fans,,,, no wait im not!!! tee off with my mets this week its golf time for you!
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    <<man these guys are not dying yet! Two major comebacks, the Astro's have to be wondering what they
    have to do to win! Smoltz is a beast!>>

Ah hum
  • Options
    man listen to all the guys jump on AFTER the game is over! What you couldn't start smack when they were
    up 12-3 you just wanted to make sure until after the game is over??

Someone grow some balls, and make a prediction before the game starts and then be here after the
    game.

Thanks
    JS

PS Id take Smoltz anyday of the year over Bung Yung Riveria!
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Bobby Cox is overrated?

The braves are chokers?

Coming from a mets fan, well I just find that mildly amusing, at best. Talk about choking...they are always going to be the red-headed stepchild of the yanks, and bobby cox is arguably the greatest manager of this or any other era. What he's been able to do with so little for so long is beyond amazing. The braves were projected to lose what, 90 games this year? Yet they bury the NL east (and your lowly mets) and cruise to the title.

Yes they've won 'just' one world series during this amazing run...however, look at teams like the red sox, cubs, etc....who haven't won in how long? And you call the braves choke artists?

• Options
    I said they would choke days ago. Too lazy to dig up the post.

As always, proving joestalin wrong one post at a time.
  • Options
    axtell
    yes
    yes
    and yes does that answer your questions!! go cry somewhere else! the atlanta braves have one ring the mets have 2! eat it!
  • Options
    I guess you told him. Good for you.
  • Options
    First off Stalin I did predict the Braves would eat it hard tonight long before the game started. Second of all, you can have Smoltz, but wait until next year when the new Spos are playing in Washington with some money to spend and we'll see what happens with the Braves. Smoltz makes around 10 million to save 40 games when they have absolutely NO starting pitching. Another Cox boneheaded move by not putting him back in the rotation where he can actually make a contribution and NO, I didn't mean start him tonight, I mean at the beginning of the year when you're looking at your starting pitching and you realize you have nothing you better make some decisions--another hole in Cox's game, one of MANY I might add. And the closer on the Spos was actually a guy named Cordero. That will be easy to remember as there will be a Cordero in the AL with 50 saves AND one in the NL with 50 saves next year--bet on it!

Cornholio, I am bitter, but I'm also realisitic. I've been to Montreal 3 or 4 times and it's not easy to get to the big O, it's out really in the middle of nowhere. Once it was official that there was no downtown stadium to be built it was only a matter of time that this would happen. Then we lost Vlad last year because of another boneheaded move on the part of Selig--this guy should NOT be in charge! There is no doubt in my mind the Spos have new owners if they still had Vlad. That being said, the Braves really have been the best of the worst! Honestly, a poor division for the most part for the better part of the last 10 years, they've gotten in and done nothing the majority of the time. Yes, they've made it to the big time a few times, but with only 1 championship to show for it--what is that? I'm just tired of people talking about them when the expansion Marlins have won twice in half the time out of the same division I mean come on! Cox was laughed out of Toronto in the late 80's when everybody in the know agreed this guy could not manage. Now all of a sudden he's a genuis? I mean every year they're top 5 in payroll in a poor division and they do NOTHING when it comes to the playoffs. You have to wonder if the Braves had a real coach like Alou how many championships they would have won?
    Jay

• Options
    LOL

Wether you are paying your players with American dollars or Canadian dollars, it is still the same bad team. Enjoy
    battling the Mets for last place!

JS