Home Sports Talk
Options

Thank God for Ruben Sierra

take 2 Twinkies (Hostess preferred; generic or Li'l Debbie passable); 1 cup flour, plus more for rolling; 1 TB malt vinegar; 1 TSP baking powder; 1 TSP salt; 1 1/2 cups water; confectioner's sugar; four-berry coulis (recipe follows).

1. Place Twinkies in refrigerator for cooling/firming. Preheat deep fryer until oil is 400 F.

2. Make four-berry coulis: put equal quantities of frozen raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries into a pan on low heat with one TBP sugar per cup of berries used. When mixture begins to boil, put it in a blender, then push the berry pulp through a sieve into a bowl. Reserve.

3. Combine 1 cup flour, vinegar, baking powder, salt, and water into a batter; mix to a custard-like consistency.

4. Drop battered Twinkie into a deep fryer for about 90 seconds, just until the filling is starting to melt and the outside is golden brown. Top with confectioner's sugar, cut in half, and serve with the coulis. Makes 2 servings.

Comments

• Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭

"All I care about is hitting de home run"

• Options
    Ruben Da Man
  • Options
    Your happy about sneaking by the Twins. Good for you, now get ready to take your medicine, Sox will win, easy.

That is all, thanks...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options

<< <i>Sox will win, easy. >>

The Babe doesn't think they'll win at all.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    This will be fun. What everyone wants. I am not a political afficianado, but didn't the great Senator from Mass (no, not Kennedy) take a backhanded self depricating swipe at the Sox during his babble last night?
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...