Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

POTD- halves please let me know what you think!

One of these is going to LordM for his collection.....Haven't seen this one on his vest or hat yet. Too bad it's the nicest of the 3

1906 D

1907 D

This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.

Comments

• Options
    Halllllooooooo......?
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

• Options
    my understanding is he only wants coins that are already holed. (and he prefers we don't drill them)

I think what he goes for are coins that were holed in the time period of there actual use.

Might want to check with Rob.

• Options
    Cool......Thanks!

• Options
    can anyone give me some grades on these? Thanks. I haven't much experience with halves of this type.

• Options
    I think G04-G08image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SS350 is correct- I would never drill a hole in an old coin, unless somebody had already started one in the past. I only collect 'em with contemporary holes.

And you're right- I do not yet have a Barber half on my Holey Coin Vest. Or a quarter, for that matter.

Somebody did send me a holed Barber half, but it was a 1911, and I only collect pre-1900 coins on the vest and hat. Barber coins are a little tougher to find holed than Seated coins.

Thanks for thinkin' about me, though. image

If you come across an already-holed Barber quarter or half dollar that's dated in the 1800's, let me know!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file