Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Longest You've Ever Looked/Stared at a Coin

What's the longest itme you've spent staring at a coin whether buying, admiring, or assessing every detail?

Comments

• Options
    I stared at a bunch of Mercury dimes for over an hour each, once. I bought some that were sold as AU because the seller had eyes worse than mine and couldn't tell the difference between sliders and MS anymore (or so he said). I'll be damned if I found anything wrong with any of them, but I had sore eyes and headaches for a few days after that.
  • Options
    GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085
    They told me that I'd go blind.....but I just did it until I needed ~OO~
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    I've stared at some coins for a very long time! image An 1804 dollar, the five 1913 Liberty nickels, an Ultra High Relief Saint, the King of Siam set, an MS69 Jack Lee Morgan, 19th century proof gold, a matte proof 1922 Peace dollar, some patterns. Some of them I probably looked at for 10 minutes or more.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    I've spent several minutes under different lighting conditions and with different types of magnifiers, trying to determine if a Roosevelt has FBs, and I'm still not sure.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    It depends on how much it costs. The more it costs the more I look.image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file