Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What's the Catch?

I have a 45-business day submission that has now been there for 45 business days (as of today). According to PSA's guarantee, "If PSA fails to meet the turnaround guarantee on paid submissions, you will receive a grading voucher equal to the number of days your order was delayed. For example, if your order has a guaranteed turnaround time of 10 business days but was completed in 13 business days, you will receive 3 grading vouchers for the same service level; this excludes grading specials and complimentary submissions." Can I start counting the days and getting the cards ready? At this point (the cards have been there so long), shouldn't I pray for a two week delay?

Comments

• Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    Even money bet says you get your results this evening.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    the guarantee you speak off has a few disclaimers.

the 45 days begin after the cards are entered into the system, not when psa recieves them

also if psa was at a show those days do not count.

even with that psa does meet its turn around times

good luck
    Good for you.
  • Options
    The retarded catch is the "entered into the system" I had a 7-10 day guarantee on a membership renewal, so what did they do? They had recieved it but didn't log it into their system until a week after they had it so they could get around that. I'm done with PSA, my membership is up in March and I don't plan to renew.......I've had too many 'issues' with them.
  • Options
    Received date listed on the site as 8/2. No update today, so I think I have one free grade (and counting) in my back pocket...........
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    What amazes me is that people were posting on these boards that several 25 to 45 day submissions were graded in 3 or 4 days. I have two orders that I'm waiting on. I will have 131 free vouchers if I don't receive my grades by Oct 21st.

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    me thinks u guys need to go back and re read the guarantee

Good for you.
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    1 grade for 1 day late. not even worth the postage!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Very surprised today... Date recieved 9/27....Date posted 10/4 Wow!!!! That's never happened. Submitted 115 cards for 45 days.
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Very surprised today... Date recieved 9/27....Date posted 10/4 Wow!!!! That's never happened. Submitted 115 cards for 45 days.

Dont you just luv that? That's only happened to me once for bulk. Exactly 7 days for grades posted. I really don't understand how the whole thing works. It's almost like a lottery. Bulk order packages come in everyday and all get thrown in a room and stack up. Maybe they just go in there and start grabbing randomly???

My last 8 bulk submissions (most recent going back 16 months):
    Grades posted; 29 days, 43 days, 26 days, 22 days, 21 days, 7 days, 14 days, 16 days. Go figure.
  • Options

<< <i>What amazes me is that people were posting on these boards that several 25 to 45 day submissions were graded in 3 or 4 days. I have two orders that I'm waiting on. I will have 131 free vouchers if I don't receive my grades by Oct 21st.

Regards,

Greg M. >>

Ditto!
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    ithink you guys are confusing the new policy :

You get 1 voucher per day. NOT 1 voucher per card per day. in order to get 131 vouchers, your order will have to be MORE than 6 MONTHS LATE
  • Options
    pack - I actually talked to PSA today re: my order (which is now late). Their policy is as follows: you get one free grade for each day the order is late (w/ all applicable caveats), but the number of free grades you can accumulate is capped at the number of cards in your order. My order was for 25 cards, which means I can get 25 free grades if they are (God forbid) 25 days late. This also means that I can get 25 free grades if they are 2,500 days late, but that's a different story..........
  • Options
    lateness and grading are subjective
    Good for you.
  • Options
    To complete the thread - my grades came in tonight. 25 freshly graded T201s and I couldn't be happier with the grades. They did throw in a 4MC, probably b/c of this thread, but otherwise awesome grades and one freebie that will cost me $25+ to get graded.
  • Options
    Gatorbait -
    Are any of those t-201's graded PSA 5 or 6 and are any
    available?image
    If so, let me know. Thanks.
    Bill
    wpkoughan@yahoo.com
    Collecting 1970-1979 PSA 9 & 10 Baseball Cards
  • Options
    Augustaman, 7 6's and 10 5's. I'm going to go through them today, see what I need and then get back to you. Right now, I know that I have an extra Leifield/Simon (6) and Killian/Fitzpatrick (5).