Home Q & A Forum
Options

A suggestion for the turnaround time guarantee program.

RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
David,

The current guarantee delineated in business days with blackout periods for shows creates a lot of confusion among submitters. This confusion, of course, frequently results in misunderstandings and animosity. It also keeps customer service personnel tied up answering specific questions like "what day am I on?", "do I get any freebies?", etc. To my mind that is an un-wise use of resources.

Why not determine a number of calendar days PCGS can reasonably attain on a consistent basis and dispense with all the confusion? For example, the 15 business day has generally been translating to about 30 "real" days. You might be able to reasonably guarantee a period of calendar days somewhat less than that, since it's always a good idea to strive for improvement.

On the plus side of the equation, it does seem that times are improving and, btw, can you tell them to get on submission #3051296? image

Russ, NCNE

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭

Hi Russ,

I'm not too happy about the whole guarantee issue...and our turn around times do make me sleep well. But as long as we're stuffed to the gills with coins, I don't think we can do a lot.

We're working on it. I don't know what the best way to describe the turn around is...but we talk about it all the time. Eventually we'll get our capacity to match our submissions and then the days won't matter.

Thanks,

David