Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1971 Lincoln Cent DDO

Does anyone know the value of a 1971 DDO in ms 65 red.I just made one.It is not in the Collectors Universe price guide

Stewart

Comments

• Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    Stewart,
    I thought:
    the mint made the coins and that is where they ALL come from...

see quote

-sog
  • Options
    touche'
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Figured someone should give you one straight answer to your question... image

Without doing a ton of research, I found that Sam Lukes had one in ANACS 63RD listed in a Coin World ad this time last year for $395. In my experience his prices tend to represent the high end of the market. That might have been before that variety went into the Lincoln Cent variety registry set, though. I guess that makes my answer "more than $400".

Notice I said 'straight' answer, not 'helpful'. image

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Stewart,

image CONGRATULATIONS!!! image

"Without doing a ton of research, I found that Sam Lukes had one in ANACS 63RD listed in a Coin World ad this time last year for $395. In my experience his prices tend to represent the high end of the market. That might have been before that variety went into the Lincoln Cent variety registry set, though. I guess that makes my answer "more than $400"."

I bought the (a?) 63RD (raw) from Sam for $200 & crossed it to PCGS at the grade. It WAS NOT before they were included in the variety registry set (that's why I bought it) but at the time, the pop was only 10. That was the first of the 19 or so I "made" since then. imageimage

Anywho:

Some lucky fool ripped one from L & C about 5 weeks ago for $650 image

One sold at auction about 2 months ago for about $9,000.

There's someone holding out for AT LEAST 5k for his.

Now pop 5?

Of course, you know the REAL value - duh imageimage

p.s. I assume you're all talking about Die 1 (FS-031) & not dies 2,3,4 Die 5 (FS-030.7), or Die 10
  • Options
    Thanks for the numbers RBinTex. If only mine was a 65RD. I've been trying to place an insurance value on one I made a while back.

perfectstrike
  • Options
    Her's an MS63RD that just sold on eBay yesterday (10/6/04). Looks like the seller may have seriously underpriced it as it sold almost as soon as it was added to his eBay store on 10/4/04 in a very obscure listing that only got 8 hits. image

I guess the some people are REALLY searching hard for these things in PCGS holders. imageimage

In fact, it appears he (the seller) just "made it" as he stated that the cert # was just assigned on 10/4/04 and he didn't even get it back from PCGS yet to image it.
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Shortsleeved" will soon have it priced x 5 and relisted on Ebay most likely.

Any one know who shortsleeved is?
    Doug
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man that guy likes them!

Link Link Link
    Doug
  • Options
    mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

• Options
    AU58 "RD" if I remember right image (i.e. w/the coin # 92941)
  • Options
    mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

• Options
    Here's an AU58RB one that sold for $249
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broken Link. image

peacockcoins

• Options
    Pat,

Your link is messed up BUT if you're talking about THIS ONE , I already told you , IT IS 100% ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY WITHOUT A DOUBT *** NOT *** FS-031, DIE 1. Need I go into details? imageimageimage
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Pat, Your link is messed up BUT if you're talking about THIS ONE , I already told you , IT IS 100% ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY WITHOUT A DOUBT *** NOT *** FS-031, DIE 1. Need I go into details? imageimageimage >>

No, that wasn't it, but you're right. The TRUE Double Dies are difficult to locate outside of the 'wanna-be' D/D's.

peacockcoins

• Options
    I feel sorry for the winner. In fact I know him & have done business with him already & informed him of the disappointment he was about to get & he'll be promptly returning it. image

But, someone else on eBay has another MS63RD & this time it looks like they're not gonna let someone steal it. image
  • Options
    Anyone else notice the pop in 64RD WENT DOWN from 10 to 8 a short while ago?

I guess a few inserts from crackout tries at 65 got redeemed for 50 cents apiece. image

Or more than likely, 1 insert redemption & one upgrade in holder since the pop went from 10 to 9 in August and then a little while later in October, it went from 9 to 8 at the same time the pop in 65 went from 4 to 5. That must've been a regrade in the holder that upgraded. image
  • Options
    Looks like another 64RD just went for around $1,800 on Heritage's Signature sale. The last one I made & sold only went for $1,700. image