Home Sports Talk
Options

Bonds shouldn't get MVP

I'd give it to Beltre
Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

Comments

• Options
    Beltre or Pujols will probably get it...but Bonds is still the best player in the NL every year....and the best player SHOULD get it, no matter how many times he has won it before.

I am not a big Bonds fan but I believe in fairness.....
  • Options
    >>and the best player SHOULD get it, . . . .<<

Mintluster - I respectfully disagree. The award is not for the best player - but the most valuable to the team. Bonds did not take his team to the post-season but the Dodgers would not be there if not for Beltre.
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    beltre
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I agree, Beltre is the NL MVP hands down!
    Jay
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    At the very least, Bonds, Pujols and Beltre should be in the top 3 in the MVP vote.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I can't possibly imagine Bonds not getting it. He completely changes the game when he's in it. 120 intentional walks, slugging % over .800 leads the league in batting and his obp is off the scale. I must've been to 30 of Beltre's games this year and he had a career season but once again I think the key to the Dodgers season was Gagne. The Dodgers won the division but SF was only a game behind, and without Bonds they'd be trailing San Diego by 10.
    Gotta give it to Bonds. Cy Young will probably go to Clemens but Randy Johnson wouldn't be a bad choice either.
    AL MVP to Vlad and Cy Young to Santana. Crosby for rookie of the year.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    what good are MVP's when you have no rings? Bonds is once again on his sofa watching again!

JS

PS..and when did anyone ever give a crap about walks????

• Options
    what good are MVP's when you have no rings? Bonds is once again on his sofa watching again!

How many rings does your favorite player - Ted Williams - Have?
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    Bonds = MVP (#7)
    Stalin = Idiot of the Year (#3)

BOTR
  • Options
    I must admit...Bonds SHOULD get the MVP. His on base percentage was just plain sick and a new MLB record (.610). He should get it but he probably won't because they are tired of giving it to him. They want to "spread it around" like the NBA did back in the 90's when Jordan could have gotten it for 10 straight years but they wouldn't let him.

Plus Bond's crappy attitude and the whole BALCO/Steroid affair doesn't really help his wholesome image for the award.

But he DOES DESERVE THE 2004 MVP. I am a fair guy and I think the individual MVP should get that award, regardless of how many times he has previously won it and regardless of his team making the playoffs. It is supposed to be an individual award (like the CY YOUNG, ROY and Hank Aaron Award). The pennants, NLCS/ALCS crowns and WS trophy are all team awards....in my opinion.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Stalin = Idiot of the Year (#3)

lol
    Good for you.
  • Options
    you are all mad because I called one of the greatest chokes in the history of sports before it happened..Barry Bonds
    falling on his wallet up 2 runs in the 9th in the 6th game of the world series. They already had the walls
    suran wrapped and the bubbly chilled!

I don't rememeber Ted giving away a series like that!

oh by the way Pujols jacked a monster shot into the stands today, while Bonds was seen flicking off a
    group of small children.

JS
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    Griffins = Common sense, rationale, and reasoning (#1 and many more unrelated)
    Stalin = Depleted ozone layer, thesis no-show, and homemade fruitcake (#3 and all related)

BOTR
  • Options

<< <i>PS..and when did anyone ever give a crap about walks???? >>

You're right. Reaching base is over-rated.

Brian
  • Options
    funny how bug on the rug shows up whenever someone writes the words "Bonds" and "chokes" in
    the same post..hmmm

..if not what would you call falling on your backside infront of the entire world and then running from
    Frod in the next game?

JS
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>PS..and when did anyone ever give a crap about walks???? >>

You're right. Reaching base is over-rated.

Brian >>

Someone must get on base and someone must drive the runs in. They are both important ingredients to winning games.