Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Free online CARD SHOW...beta testers needed

After days of tearing my hair out--mainly due to my inadequate level of knowledge about ASP code, session variables, and the like--I have finally put a neat feature on the Good Sports web site. I need some help.

The feature is called the Card Show. Unlike message boards, it is totally database driven, so you can post cards for sale or trade, search by player or other sellers, and stuff like that. It's all free. My motivation for this really came from a recent thread about Naxcom's service...I wondered to myself "what if there were a Naxcom-like collector-to-collector exchange that was totally free of charge to use?" Thus, the Card Show.

I'd like as many collectors as possible to sign up, post real stuff for sale or trade (use the "Details" field liberally), and see how it works. Note that I get about 2,500 page views a month, so folks will definitely see your stuff.

Here's the direct link:

The Good Sports CARD SHOW

Your feedback about the use and functionality of the service is welcome and appreciated.

Dino
Dino

Looking for:
1995 Donruss Baseball Press Proofs
Good Sports

Comments

• Options
    Have you set up a way to "police" the card show?

Seems like it could get infested real quick with some crooks and scum selling crap.
    Move along folks.......Nothing to see here.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dino
    When I buy on ebay, altho criticized for flaws, there is a feeling of buyer confidence by reviewing the profile of the seller and if accepted, use paypal for the potential protection that is afforded by the program.
    For me, even tho it costs a bit, I know there is a good chance I will get what I paid for and can fall back on paypal or my credit card company if the sale falls through. If a seller wants other forms of payment, I only buy from "established" sellers who have a reputation in the business and who I also know from years with ads in SCD e.g. How do people complete transactions thru this buyer/seller/trader bulletin board? This will potentially put a whole new dimension on the phrase "buyer beware."
    The CU forum already has a similar method here for the exchange of material and one can deal with people they have grown to trust over time.
    So, what is the difference between what you are doing and what already exists here on the 'buy, sell, trade' and 'Vintage sportscard trading' forums?
    thanx for the offer and the time you took to create another avenue thru your website.
    your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Mike...great feedback, thanks for the thoughts.

I guess it always comes down to trust; you're right that eBay and other official sites have that "middleman" protection factor. Hopefully, if enough people have good experiences on the Card Show, its reputation will grow and become more acceptable.

Dino
    Dino

Looking for:
    1995 Donruss Baseball Press Proofs
    Good Sports